As any of the three people who live with me will attest, I fit nicely into the CF category.
Yesterday evening while driving home, I noticed a stunning sunset over the mountains. The clouds had mercifully rolled in, and created a canvas on which the sun painted various shades of pinks, blues, purples, and all hues in between.
This sunset happened without any impetus from me.
So I started thinking about other amazing processes and events that I don’t have to influence. They pretty much happen when I just go about my business. Here they are in all their random glory:
- My digestion, respiration and other bodily functions happen without a lot of controlling on my part.
- When I go to a store expecting to buy certain things, 99% of the time they are there.
- Neighborhood streets are clean and passable.
- Trees shade my house.
- Water evaporates, becomes precipitation, hits the earth only to evaporate again.
- My husband comes home every night.
- My children keep growing taller and wiser, no matter how I might thwart their efforts.
- Sunrises and sunsets like this happen all over the world every single day!
Truly, I am part of something much grander than I. I can relax. I don’t have to try so hard.
Now if I can just remember that today. All day. Every moment.
Or is that too controlling?