ENTRIES BELOW, in GREEN
In grade school I discovered an art form that instantly captivated me. It was asymmetric but with a pattern. It was clever and sometimes raunchy. Short and within my abilities to comprehend and create.
I loved limericks. I was crushed to later find that there are people who find them among the lowest of art forms, right down there with the graphic design on a box of Count Chocula.
Now: I’ve been in the blogosphere for a only short time, but I’ve had the pleasure of observing and participating in fun contests and tours, such as Leslie’s Haiku Buckaroo Contest and Stirrup Queens‘ Barren Bitches Book Brigade. Every time I think, “How clever — wonder how these things get started.”
Well, if I start one, then I’ll know.
Announcing the Limerick Chicks Contest. There are 3 rules:
1. Use the limerick form, as in Hickory Dickory Dock.
2. Mention at least one other blog or blogger, with their linky.
3. No entries mentioning Nantucket 😉 — it’s just too low-hanging a fruit!
1. First post your limerick on your own blog (if you have one — no worries if you don’t).
2. Then post your limerick in a comment below, with its permalink back to your blog (if’n you have).
3. Feel free to post the emblem on your blog, and please encourage others to enter. (This is the contest’s permalink to cut and paste: http://weebleswobblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/limerick-chick-contest.html)
4. Entries should be received by September 5.
5. Direct your readers to Weebles Wobblog between September 6 and 12 for voting.
6. The winner will be announced in the September 13 post.
7. Email me a way to get in touch with you. (bestlightlori at the gmail place).
8. Enter as many times as your creativity allows.
There is a prize! The winner will receive a 50% discount on an adoption profile review. Now, I’m aware that not everyone will find this valuable, but since I am not in a position to donate eggs, provide cheap Fertinex, or come to your house and change diapers while you take a bubble bath, this is the best I can do. And I’m really good at it (fixing up ailing profiles, not changing diapers). If you win and don’t need it, donate it to someone who does. Make some good karma for yourself.
Let the games begin.
3. Leslie ‘s second entry
My friend Karly asked, “Why not?
Come write at Wiping Up Snot?
I’m taking a rest
Just do your best
And use all the cuss words you’ve got.”
4. Leslie‘s third entry
There’s a girl I love called Mackey
We’re so alike it’s just wacky
I’d give her my heart
You know, the half necklace part
But when you’re a grown up that’s tacky
This woman draws bloggers together
In the sea of infertility she’s our tether
Planning D.C. dinners and drinks
As well as writing posts that make you think
That Lindsay is certainly clever
12. Lub‘s first entry
Why can I not have a baby?
I keep asking God to save me.
He answers in ways,
To calm me from this craze,
Of infertility between me and Davy.
13. Lub‘s second entry
Symptoms are always a bust
Sore boobies and high temps a must
We all hope we’re pregnant
Try not to get hell bent
WTF oops I just cussed.