How connected are we? How extensive is the reach of our blogs and readers? How exactly are we linked and webbed together?
I’ve been thinking about this lately, how few degrees of separation there could be between each of us and the rest of us. So I propose an experiment.
This post officially kicks off Chain Link Blogging week. Here’s the deal:
- Start from your own blogroll and pick a blog to visit (if you don’t have a blog, pick one from my blogroll on the lower right sidebar).
- From that blog (“Blog A”), read a post or two and leave a comment or two. (Lurkers — time to de-lurk! Get a free google account and post as Anonymous if you have to, or just Jane Doe.)
- Click on a blog from Blog A’s blogroll.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you’ve visited and commented on 5 blogs.
- Write a post on your own blog about your Chain Link Blogging anytime before October 5.
- Comment here with the most noteworthy post you find, along with its URL.
I’ll summarize all our discoveries on October 6 in a post that contains the links you leave in your comments here.