Rediscovered music…what’s yours?

November 16, 2007

in Music

I’m listening to Til Tuesday this morning. I had Voices Carry on cassette eons ago and now it’s on my iPod. It’s a good song to listen to when dealing with Throat Chakra issues.

And, as you may recall, when you’re in a crowded parking lot and you’ve been Triple Dared.

Make sure you get to the end of the song…it’s quite empowering.

I still love Aimee Mann, any day of the week.

So, what’s your rediscovered music? Comment here and then blog about it, linking to here. We’ll get a “Rediscovered Collection.”

jenna April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rVcOMCltW4aimee mann ~ this was my theme song for much of college. I once copied this song on a tape a dozen times or so and mailed it off to a boyfriend that had pissed me off.funny or frightening?

Furrow April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I really like Aimee Mann. I have a Til Tuesday greatest hits CD, but I mostly listen to Lost in Space.hmmm… rediscovered…. I recently started listening to my old Paul Simon CDs again. Everything from I am a Rock to Rhythm of the Saints.

Lollipop Goldstein April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Crowded House. Just yesterday, I started singing one of their songs. I had forgotten about them. And it made me feel so happy. I want to listen to the CD right now very badly and I am hinting very loudly to Josh to go downstairs and get it. And he is not picking up on this hint. Grrr…going downstairs now.

Ms. Planner April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I heard that the Boston Globe was doing a “best song coming from Boston in the past 25 years” contest and that Til Tuesday’s “Voices Carry” was a prime contender.On a recent biz trip to Seattle, I found a station that was playing great old arena rock bands, such as Journey and Foreigner. I was never into these bands in jr high but – for some reason – I was cranking the volume all the way up I-5.

niobe April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I have to say that I love Til Tuesday. I used to play their cd Welcome Home over and over again — my background music.

jenna April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Furrow April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Lollipop Goldstein April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Ms. Planner April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

niobe April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Niobe — I love Welcome Home, too, especially the title track. That strumming goes right to my heartstrings.Ms Planner — thanks for that into on Til Tuesday. I didn’t know that.Mel — I like the Finns, too. Love “Don’t Dream It’s Over.”Furrow — I, too, like Lost in Space. Have you heard the Magnolia soundtrack?Jenna — both. I’m laughing, and I won’t mess with you. Thanks for the link. I have this one on a Melrose Place CD.Kami — I like their old stuff, too. What are your favorite U2 songs?

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm

It must have been the day before you wrote this blog that I pulled out some old U2 cd’s. I think it was their second and third releases. They are still good, but their early stuff had such raw, powerful emotion. I might have to go play some.

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:47 pm