Peace big and small

December 22, 2007

in Mindfulness

A child asked at bedtime, “Mommy why is there war? Why can’t there be peace in the world?”

“Well, to have peace in the world, we need peace in our country.

“To have peace in our country, we must have peace in our city.

“To have peace in our city, we must have peace in our neighborhood [and online communities].

“To have peace in our neighborhood [and online communities] we must have peace in our home.

“To have peace in our homes we must have peace in ourselves.” *

So, my friends, family, readers and fellow bloggers (many of you occupying more than 1 of these categories), rather than world peace, I wish you each peace within yourself.

And I wish the same for me.

*vignette paraphrased from a story told by my Teacher, Ethel.

Bulgy April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

HI Lori, that is a great entry. Because of you, I sent a link to Creme De La Creme. thanks for letting me know about it!

beagle April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Within oneself is usually a good place to start, isn’t it? Peace to you as well my friend.

Waiting Amy April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

That is lovely Lori! Thank you.Wishing you and your family peace this holiday and all the year through.

Bulgy April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

beagle April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Waiting Amy April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Amy, Beagle, Bulgy, Kami and MM — “Let there be peace on EarthAnd let it begin with us.”Thanks so much for being part of my year.

Malathionman April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Hi Lori,This is Malathionman! Maybe you have seen my pretty picture in the comments on QofD. (I hope she is just taking a break.) I’ve always the little dude doing the one-armed push-ups was a cool picture, so I thought I would check out your page. It turns out that you and I have something in common, adoption. I got a little carried away and adopted a sibling set of 3. My kids were 9,5, and 6 months when we got them. Anyways, I’m glad I stopped by. I’ll be sure to stop by again.By the way, good post. I’m in total agreement. We should all be at peace with ourselves and at home first.

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm