A wish for 2008 (a little late)

by Lori Lavender Luz on January 5, 2008

in Infertility

This post is especially for Sunny and for B and authors of a gazillion other blogs I read instead of attending to my home and my family.

From the US Census Department and the National Center for Health Statistics:

4,265,996 total births in the US during the last year counted.

133,398,951 estimated world births for 2008.

It sounds like some of you have run in to each and every one of these pregnant ladies in 2007.

May you BE one of these ladies in 2008.

B April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

You’re very sweet. I promise in 2008 not to be bitter about other peoples happiness.It’s not very becoming.Still……. it’s a difficult addiction to give up.I’m feeling hopeful about this year. I think that appropriate given that it’s only the 4th of Jan.cosmic hugs to you. You have a lot of love.

B April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Sheri April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

LOL – I have run into them, I have!

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

B — let’s not call it bitter. Let’s call it “not sweet.”Sunny — I think you’re right (about the year).Beagle — 2008 strikes me as numerologically sound, too.PJ — you are an inspiration.Deanna and LJ — I’ve seen them!So happy to meet you both!

LJ April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I agree with Deanna that they are all in the greater DC metropolitan area :) Can’t wait to see you!

deanna April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

4 million, huh??? Some days it seems like the whole 4 million are trotting around in-utero right here in Maryland. Oy. Best wishes to you in 2008! It feels like such a promising year already!Can’t wait to see you on Sunday! Wooohooo!!

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

May I add that 50% of those pg in the US are unplanned.If only wishes could make pregnancies come true, we would have a banner year.

Pamela April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

That’s a staggering number of pregnant ladies — and yes, it does seem some days like the ones who get there easily travel in packs to one neighborhood! Here’s hoping some of our friends get to cross that magical threshold in 2008.

beagle April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

2008 does seem like a lucky number somehow.

Sunny April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

You are so sweet to think of me. Grumps just told me those statistics the other day. His mind was blown at the rising of births. Kind of funny.This year HAS to be a good year.Thank you again for caring.

Sheri April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

LOL – I have run into them, I have!

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

LJ April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

deanna April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Pamela April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

beagle April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

2008 does seem like a lucky number somehow.

Sunny April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

KarenO April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Goodness me, just think of the upheaval it will cause when I get pregnant this year. It means I have a little less than 11 months to get married and a whole bunch of miracles for the last month! But it’s the stuff that dreams are made of, so thanks for the wish! :)

KarenO April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm