Back from vacay…adoption profile class coming up

January 9, 2008

in Birth parent, Open Adoption

Edited at bottom.

Just poking my head in long enough to make an announcement, especially for my local Denver-area readers. I aim to have a very special guest at the class I’m teaching (below). Previous attendees have realllllllly enjoyed talking with my guest, so register with Colorado Free University soon.

Be back once I get on top of everything that piled up during my trip to Washington, DC…

********************************************************

Just getting your adoption profile together? Or have you had it out there awhile? Not sure why you’re being passed over?

Every couple of months I offer a do-it-yourself adoption profile workshop through Colorado Free University, and there’s one coming up soon.

Special guest will be Tessa’s firstmom, Crystal. In the past, our students have thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to get a birthmom’s (a term she calls herself) perspective, ask her questions, and run profile ideas by her.

Date: January 26 (Saturday)
Time: 10 am to noon
Tuition: $24/single or $39 couple (slightly more for non-CFU members)

If you live near Denver (or have access to a LearJet), visit Colorado Free University for information or to register.

katd April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

What a great service to offer people! I know I could’ve used it when I was creating our profile. :)

Yoka April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

It was so lovely to meet you in person. I really enjoyed meeting you and am so glad to now be finally able to put a face to your name.

katd April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Yoka April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

niobe April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

This sounds like it would be a huge help to people considering adoption. It’s too bad that more people can’t take advantage of it, because I get the sense (perhaps wrongly) that many people enter the adoption process with little clear idea of how it works and how to make their way through the system.

Furrow April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I’ve been away for a while, so I’m just popping in to say hi. Good luck with your next class. If I were to adopt, you’d be the person I’d want guiding me.

niobe April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Furrow April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Malathionman April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

When we adopted we went through an agency(Olive Crest)that worked directly with the county. They were very helpful about informing us about all the state programs available to us, and setting us up with all of our classes. And because they were a nonprofit organization we didn’t pay them a cent. We incured a lot of aother expenses, but it was by far a lot cheeper than doing a private adoption. I would do it all again if I hadn’t adopted all three of my kids at on time. The three that I have are more than I can handle. :)

Malathionman April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Yoka — back at you!Katd and Furrow — thanks for saying so.Niobe — that certainly describes me back in the day.Malationman — I like hearing about your story.

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm