Mediocrity? Or even incompetence?

January 23, 2008

in Uncategorized

Niobe has a fascinating meme. I am particularly grateful for this because I have (1) nothing interesting to write about; and (2) no concentrated time to sit down and work out a well-thought out post that shows what a Deep Thinker I am.

Today I settle for shallow and fun.

Here is my meme album cover:

Want to activate your own inner recording artist?

1. Click on this link. The title of the page is the name of your band.

2. Click on this link. The last four words of the final quotation on the page are the title of your album.

3. Click on this link. The third picture is your album cover.

4. Take the pic (I used Microsoft Paint), add your band name and album title and voilĂ !

5. If you post this on your blog, leave your permalink in the comments here and on Niobe’s blog.

OK. Deeper thoughts are coming.

My random band name (“Chatyr-Dag”) is Ukrainian for Tent Mountain, a place fertile with juniper groves and yew glades. I like gin and tonics, and gin is made from juniper berries. And I live near mountains.

My random album cover (“Lovely Luna”) comes the day after a full moon (please ignore the fact that we are never very far from a phase of the moon).

And my random album title (and post title) describes well the merits of this post.

Randomness or synchronicity? You decide.

And then make your own.

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I am going to be lazy and not do this – mostly because I have been having to work at work lately (sigh), but I wanted to say that I clicked on the links and got for the first one . . . the flag of The Gambia – the tiny little country in West Africa where I was in the Peace Corps. Random, but kinda cool anyway.

Kami April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Pamela April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Quite intriguing, the inter-relationship of ideas here. Ok. this activity is on the list of fun distractions that I hope to get to this weekend…especially with the steady rain and more of the same.

Topcat April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Hey Lori – cool album cover!! I’m going to do it too! xo

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Kami — how synchronicitous. I just checked out <>Roots<> from the local library and found out (which I didn’t catch in 1977) that Kunta Kinte came from Gambia.I think I remember you didn’t have a great experience…?Yours at http://magpiemusing.blogspot.com/2008/01/one-crow-for-sorrow.html is very cool, too.

Magpie April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

random and coincidental.this is a great meme.

Pamela April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Topcat April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Hey Lori – cool album cover!! I’m going to do it too! xo

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Magpie April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

random and coincidental.this is a great meme.

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Topcat and PJ — can’t wait to see yours!

Lavender Luz April 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Topcat and PJ — can’t wait to see yours!

Comments on this entry are closed.