Mad props

April 26, 2008

in BlogHer

I am sending overdue props to Pamela Jeanne of Coming2Terms. A propeller is an apt symbol for her efforts, as it signifies forward movement.

Several months ago, Pamela Jeanne initiated a conversation with representatives at BlogHer about the chasm that can exist between Mommybloggers and IF bloggers. She proposed a panel at the upcoming BlogHer conference that would aim to build bridges and shed light on common misperceptions. Her hard work and persistence resulted in the inclusion of this panel, which has morphed into a discussion about how infertility blogging is changing the dark and lonely experience faced by the fertility-challenged.

Words cannot express how grateful I am that Pamela Jeanne invited me to be part of this panel. Or how excited I am to actually meet this woman I have admired from afar.

Within a few days, Pamela Jeanne will be interviewed by the New York Times about living with with infertility in a fertile world. She is welcoming your input as she gathers her thoughts about it. Click on over to comment on her blog with a helpful idea or a pre-interview Atta Girl.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

once again, big huge props to pamela jeanne for making this happen. so glad you will be there. and I’m so glad I’ll be able to check it out! ~luna

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

You’re going to be a fabulous panel!! Oh to be a fly on the wall…!!

Steph April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Yeah for Pamela! I am happy to hear that bloggers are becoming more and more readily recognized as time goes on and even more thrilled that – what is this? You will be coming to BlogHer this summer. I read that right didn’t I? You will be in SF. Right?

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I think you’ll have a very impressive panel. :) J

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

You are too, too sweet! Thank you for your wonderful support and encouragement. I would be no where near as far along nor as courageous enough to advance these ideas without the caring and ever reliable friendship you’ve generously offered right from the beginning. I’ll start scoping out where the best G&Ts are in San Francisco!

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

You’re going to be a fabulous panel!! Oh to be a fly on the wall…!!

Steph April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I think you’ll have a very impressive panel. :) J

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

deanna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Oh, very super-super cool!! You girls are going to rock the BlogHer world!!

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Thanks for the shout out re: Pamela Jeanne’s work on behalf of getting the IF word out. I wish I could head down to the conference but don’t want to fly that early post-Missy-with-no-vaccs. Will toast y’all from here though.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Luna– so very excited to meet you both!PJ — thanks for making your vision materialize.Geohde — we’ll tip one for you and the girls.Steph — I’m gonna track you down.LB — I wish you could come, too. It would be great to meet another Lori-type.

deanna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Oh, very super-super cool!! You girls are going to rock the BlogHer world!!

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I’m so jealous of you ladies, but so proud at the same time. Make sure to give us lots and lots of detail!!!

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Ms Planner — we’ll take that toast.Deanna — as if San Fran weren’t already prone to earthquakes!Chicklet — I’m sure you’ll get a full report from each of us (and hopefully from some attendees — oh! I hope we have some attendees!).

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

agnes April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

I started watching the critically-acclaimed series Mad Men on DVD over the summer, and I am enjoying it a lot. I was a little kid in the early 1960s. Watching it is like stepping back in time.——————————ages< HREF="http://www.drivenwide.com" REL="nofollow">Internet Marketing<>

agnes April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am