Shall I wear some flowers in my hair?

April 23, 2008

in BlogHer

I have an announcement.

And perhaps even more exciting (but not surprising):

The absolute best, best, best, best part is that I am speaking on a panel composed of Pamela Jeanne, Melissa, and Monica Mingo. Our panel is on Infertility/Adoption/Miscarriage.

When the Road To Motherhood Is Anything But Smooth:
Infertility, Adoption and Miscarriage Bloggers
Join Lori from Weebles Wobblog, Monica Mingo, Pamela Jeanne and Melissa from Stirrup Queens for a frank discussion about what it’s like to realize you are not on the fast track to motherhood. These women are in different stages of dealing with infertility issues, but there is one common thread. They all want or wanted to become a mom, and have found roadblocks and detours obscuring what seems to be so easy for others. Is infertility one of the last things that nobody wants to talk about? Not in this blogging community.

Check out the rest of the conference agenda, and then consider joining us in San Francisco this summer. If there’s a Lushary anywhere in the vicinity, Mel‘s buying.

(Just seeing if she’s reading all the way to the end of the post.)

Caro April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Cool!

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Oh my goodness–what fantastic news! Im beaming with pride to know that all of you will be great speakers and fantastic representatives of our community!Wish so much that I could be there!

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Fabulous! I am not familiar with the other bloggers, but know that you and Mel will be the BEST representatives for the community.And of course you should wear flowers in your hair. And maybe a long, Indian-style tunic to go with it. Hopefully, SF-based bloggers like Watson, Erin and Vicious Cycles and the likes can join up with you. I am jealous.

Caro April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Cool!

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

I’m so excited for all of you!And I can’t believe it took you so long to post this (I’ve been waiting for it all week!).

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Oh man!!! I am soooo jealous that all of you will be getting together!! But I know you will make a fabulous panel!

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

I’m so looking forward to meeting you in person–and I’ve already promised Mel that she’s getting at least a free dinner from me for all that she has done to rally, support, enlighten and provide a forum for us all…drinks, of course, included!

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Too cool!

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Man, I wish I could be there! I’ve been trying to get to SF for years! Oh, man!

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

this is very exciting! I’m so glad it’s in my backyard. thanks to PJ for pulling this together. looking forward to it. btw, everyone in SF wears either flowers or black — you knew that, right?~luna

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Great stuff.Very impressed.Very impressed indeed,J

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Too cool!

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Man, I wish I could be there! I’ve been trying to get to SF for years! Oh, man!

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

Great stuff.Very impressed.Very impressed indeed,J

Douglas W April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

This is all I have to add…<>If you’re going to San Francisco,be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.If you’re going to San Francisco,you’re gonna meet some gentle people there.All those who come to San Francisco,summertime will be a love-in there.In the street of San Francisco,gentle people with flowers in their hair.All across the nation, such a strange vibration,people in motion,there’s a whole generation, with a new explanation,people in motion, people in motion.All those who come to San Francisco,be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.If you come to San Francisco,summertime will be a love-in there.<>

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

How exciting! I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

So jealous here! I’m gonna start wishing for a really specific placement/match miracle. Like say in the Bay Area in say mid July!

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

OMG, I’m sooooo jealous, that is just the coolest thing ever. Have fun ladies, do us proud!

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Ms P, JJ, LoriBeth, Denise, Deathstar, Niobe and Beth — you’re all coming, right? MEL’s BUYING!!!(Caro and Geohde, you’re excused, for various reasons.)Luna — I’d really love to meet you. Let’s make that happen. I’ll wear black AND flowers.Beth, that’s a great idea. It would be fun to get a video to post.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

How awesome is that!?!?! SO wish that I could be there to meet & hear you all!Recording it? Webcast option? (I hope I hope I hope!)Congrats!

Douglas W April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

How exciting! I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Oh, Mel. I thought you might buy for someone else besides me :-).

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Josh is going to look at the credit card bill that month and say, “holy shit, you drank $6000 worth of alcohol that trip?”

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Oh, Mel. I thought you might buy for someone else besides me :-).

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Steph April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Yeah! You’re coming out here! You’re coming out here! WOO HOO! Clap hands! Squeal with glee!Oh, and if you and yours are planning on partaking of the lushery around here I’ll be your designated driver seeing as how I’m still on TB meds through September and can’t drink until then.

Steph April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Steph — you’re on. I am so excited to meet the very chic Death Chick.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Steph — you’re on. I am so excited to meet the very chic Death Chick.