Bothered

May 6, 2008

in Uncategorized

Is anyone else a little bothered by Barbara Walters’ bragging about her affair with a married man?

She remarks only on his being black and a senator, but not much on his being married.

In fact, she just corrected Oprah for calling her a “mistress.” Babs prefers the word “evolved.”

I am not evolved. I am bothered.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Um, yeah. Since when did refusing to admit you did something stupid and wrong become “evolved”? When it comes to any naughty deeds I’ve done in the past, I would be more apt to use the words “embarrassed” and “ashamed”.

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Evolved?Hmmm . . . I’ll stick with “homewrecker.”Have all the flings you like, but don’t break marriage vows or help others break theirs. If you don’t like mariiage vows, don’t take them. There are plenty of single men she could have “evolved” with.

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Agree. Just not the right thing to do…J

katd April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

THANK YOU! Even in the previews for the show, I was totally put off. I’m glad it wasn’t just me:)

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

How in the world does sleeping with another woman’s husband = evolved? I haven’t seen the segment yet, but sounds like she has a very warped view of herself and her actions.

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I’m with you. And I’ll happily defend my lack of evolution on this one.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Agree. Just not the right thing to do…J

katd April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I’m with you. And I’ll happily defend my lack of evolution on this one.

deanna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Yup, I’m with you on this one. I actually heard her in an interview this morning with Diane Sawyer talking all about how she just wasn’t “made for marriage.” Hmmmm……

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I totally missed this. Hmmm…evolved. I consider someone who engages in an affair as immoral rather than evolved. But she says po-tay-to and I say po-tah-to.

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Why do I think she’s not telling the whole truth about this?

deanna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Why do I think she’s not telling the whole truth about this?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Whew! I thought it was just me!I can understand making mistakes. I’ve made my own. But I’ve been remorseful about them. My beef is that she seems proud. And no one interviewing her seems perturbed, either.The Glitterati just live by a different code, eh?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Are you sure she didn’t sad DEvolved?She should tell her lover than when he is divorced, she would be happy to explore a relationship.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Malathionman April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

And what was the point in sharing that little secret? I don’t see any good it would do unless she was trying to fess up about sins in the past, and then she didn’t to ashamed about that. I agree, it was weak.

Malathionman April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am