Trivial pursuits

by Lori Lavender Luz on May 13, 2008

in Lori's Childhood Trivia

Oh, boy, do I need to play.

I need to NOT be in a dentist’s office looking for a 2nd or 3rd opinion, to not be on the phone with yet another endodontist, and to not be using Love & Logic on a 7-year old who is cranky with pain and absolutely won’t take her antibiotics.

I need to NOT think about all the ways I could have, should have avoided the situation altogether.

And I know some of you are needing a diversion, too.

So…time for Round 4 of Lori’s Childhood Trivia. I offer a hint a day until we have a winner. You get up to 3 guesses per clue. No googling.

I enjoy the guesses you throw out as much as I enjoy coming up with each round — lots of meandering through our collective memories. So I hope you’ll play along.

The category this time is Entertainer.

Clue #1: unprepared

Gimme your best guess. And come back tomorrow to see if there’s a winner or if we’re still playing.

Click here to see past rounds (won by Mel, M, and Niobe) and to probe the recesses of your childhood.

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I’m sure those antibiotics taste HORRIBLE for Tessa. I vividly remember being super sick when I was 8 and I was supposed to take these nasty-tasting antibiotics. Once, the taste was so gross that I threw up after my spoonful of meds and my mom – who must have been frustrated beyond belief with me – scolded me (and then apologized later). I vividly remember that experience to this day. Go easy on her (as I am sure you will).

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

David Bowie…Modern Love.Am I right, am I right?Like that “get me to the church on time” line…because he’s unprepared.

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Third comment in a row! Go me!Yes, the whole thing about the universe not caring about my pain in my dream was really the worst part. Dreams are so interesting in the way they bring to light things we don’t consciously believe or haven’t really explored. I don’t feel that way in real life – if anything, I feel like this journey has been a necessary one for me, spiritually and emotionally, and I’m grateful I got to learn so much so quickly. It’s really woken me up to a lot of things in my heart that I wasn’t aware of before. Thanks for getting me, Lori!

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I just read back issues of your childhood trivia and realized I’m probably a little late with my Howard Jones guess – that was my childhood. I do think our childhoods had a fair bit of overlap – it’s not like I’m 21. But I’ll stick with it for now as that’s the first thing that popped into my mind.Yay! Fun!

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Howard Jones?

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Howard Jones?

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

sonny bono? sorry about tessa’s tooth. ouchie.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Sean Cassidy? Or was it Shawn?It seems to me he was known as a singer as well as one of the Hardy Boys. At least that is how I remember it.Hoping the antibiotics help too.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Not Howard Jones (but I do have a CD of his — I love “Everlasting Love.” Call me sappy.)Not David Bowie, either.Mrs Planner — thanks for reminding me to see this from Tessa’s perspective.Here’s a hint just for comment readers: not known as a musician.

May April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I think I’m going to wait for clue #2. And if Mel got it already, then… hmph.

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I got nuthin’…except positive vibes that things work out for Tessa. Can’t wait to see the next clue!

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

sonny bono? sorry about tessa’s tooth. ouchie.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

May April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I think I’m going to wait for clue #2. And if Mel got it already, then… hmph.

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Nope.

Antigone April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

PeeWee Herman? I have no idea.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Not Shawn Cassidy and not Sonny Bono.Tessa is feeling better. We have a chance at saving the tooth, at least.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Nope.

Antigone April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

PeeWee Herman? I have no idea.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:04 am