Prognostication

by Lori Lavender Luz on June 19, 2008

in Lori's Childhood Trivia

Annacyclopedia lives up to her name. She searched the onion skin pages in her brain to find what the clues convenience store, monthly and totally tubular could mean in the context of a 1970s object, all for the most recent round of Lori’s Childhood Trivia.

Andy and WordGirl also guessed correctly, but the Amazing Anna had already hit the buzzer.

The answer, contrary to those of you who bought your toxic-shock-causing Rely tampons (you could leave those suckers in for days!) at your local 7-11 (and who made me laugh by making sense), was horoscope scrolls.

Besides Zotz (remember those?) and the Betty & Veronica comic books, Sheri and I saved up for our horoscope scrolls. After our bicycle venture to U Tote Em, we’d ride by the creek and stop under a huge cottonwood to read about our futures.

I wonder if any of the Sagittarius scrolls I had said something about going through difficult times and coming out the other side intact and – dare I say — happy?

Thanks to those of you who left comments on ensoulment. I am still interested in reading more. I will work up a post soon, but keep your ideas coming.

Congrats to Annacyclopedia, who is now entitled to display the coveted Winner button! And thanks to each of you players for indulging me.

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Wow…I can honestly say I’ve never heard of those. But, like SAHW mentioned, even if I had, they wouldn’t have been allowed in my parents’ house. I wonder if they still exist? Because I think they look like a lot of fun! :)

SAHW April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Ahhh…the memories…I loved those! Rarely got to buy them though since my parents disapproved and I had no money to save up. Fun trivia :) via NCLM

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Oh cripes — I have no idea what Zots are, but horoscope scrolls…! I haven’t thought of those in years!!

Kim April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

I would have never guessed this! nclm

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Woot! I’m so excited! I actually had guessed the right answer in my mind after the first two clues, but didn’t get around to guessing. Just goes to show that procrastination doesn’t pay. Unlike prognostication. Off to post my button!

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

SAHW April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Kim April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

I would have never guessed this! nclm

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

One of these days I am going to LEARN how to succeed at trivia. Somehow! At the moment I always draw mental blanks,J

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

Geohde — I’m sure if we were playing Aussie 1070s trivia you’d leave us all in the dust.So, you wanna have a round?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:26 am