Sex and the Business Card

by Lori Lavender Luz on June 4, 2008

in BlogHer,ColoBloggers

#1 item on today’s agenda is an open invitation for any lurkers, readers or bloggers who are in the area on Sunday, June 8, to join the ColoBloggers at a showing of Sex and the City. We aim to see the 1:10 show* at Belmar, and will gather at 12:30-ish in front of the theater somewhere. Look for these faces if you come.

Afterward we’ll head somewhere close for cosmos in our pink stilettos. High heels and high fashion are optional.

Me, in heels? Not a chance. ‘Tis better to feel good than to look good, I always say. Besides, spiky shoes don’t go well with yoga pants. Do they??

* make sure to check show times closer to Sunday…this is our best guess at the moment.
_______________________

I’m getting ready for the BlogHer conference next month. While Mel is busy stocking up on Ati.van and Pamela Jeanne is smartly preparing her notes for our panel, I am working on this:

Yes, I’ll be passing out business cards like a fiend. I hope to embarrass Mel and Pamela Jeanne with my blatant blog whor.ing.

But not in stilettos.
__________________

Find out what big-ticket item I LOVE. I want to MARRY.

Thursday’s episode of Oprah AllThumbs.

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Dude, that’s enough to make me book my plane ticket today! (which sadly I cant do….yet)So if I cant make it, will you send me some of your cards?

millie April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Hey I’m thinking of coming to Blogher just for a day. Can I be your entourage? I’ll even pass out your cards for you.

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

millie April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Seriously, dude, I am so jealous you’re all living in colo and get to do that together. I hate you just a little. A little, really.

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Come on, Lori, sing your favorite song, to the tune of “It’s Only Rock and Roll” by the Rolling Stones:“I know, I’m only a bloggin’ ho, but I like it, like it, yes I do!”

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

hey, you might just be my favorite blogwhore. love the card. funny, because I was wondering if i could register using my pseudonym. hahaha. so when can we pow-wow and when are the mojitos?

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Oh, you’re going to have so much fun. I’ll be there in spirit.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

How can I be embarrassed? I’m going to be on so much ativan, you’re going to have to carry me from the plane.

JuliaS April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Oh **pout**I don’t do stilettos anymore or Cosmos for that matter – but I did grow up in Colorado and I am totally bummed to not be joining you. (Seeing as I live in a much flatter and less elevated portion of the country now.)AND, I also got up insanely early on saturday morning to watch Land of the Lost. Maybe it’s an altitude thing??

Momma Mary April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Jealous on two accounts: 1. seeing Sex and the City2. Going to Blogher.I want to go, and I only live a few hundred miles, but still. ugh. Gas. and what do I do with my child? is there daycare at BlogHer?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Millie — YES! But you don’t need to debase yourself with my whoreage.JJ — DO! DO! Some are in the mail today.Luna — So excited to meet you. Course, you’ll need to pass out cards for me. I wonder if bartenders will trade them for drinks?Phoebe — I love that you loaned me your song.Chicklet — I think BC needs its own chapter, don’t you?

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Oh, you’re going to have so much fun. I’ll be there in spirit.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

JuliaS April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Momma Mary April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

DC April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

I wanna’ be a Coloblogger!! Too bad I live in California. Boo!Have fun at SATC. Please have a cosmo for me. :)

DC April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am

Beth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I like your blogs and I’m interested in finding gatherings of bloggers in the Denver area. Are you involved in any besides ColoBloggers? I don’t have children and am not trying, so I don’t think I’d fit there.Also, if you are really as interested in chocolate as you say, you might like the current theme of my blog, which is chocolatiers in Denver.

Beth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am