Baltimore Sun shines on IF bloggers

July 15, 2008

in Infertility

Updated below

I have a Goo.gle Alert set on the title of each of my blogs. So imagine my surprise today to find that Drama 2B Mama has been mentioned in the Baltimore Sun.

It was an aside, simply to show how the “blog names, in a glance, say it all.” Also asided were Io at Who Shot My Stork? and Patience at The Impatient Patient.

Stirrup Queens and Melissa’s Amazing Blogroll is highlighted, as are The Making of Baby V, The Making of Baby V: The Husband’s Side, and Sayers Journey.

(None of these sites are hyperlinked in the Sun.)

The article is encapsulated here:

“With more than 7 million people [bolded by me] in the U.S affected by infertility, and a growing number of people undergoing assisted reproductive technology procedures, many people are dealing with infertility issues by blogging about their experiences. As she poked around online, Sayers stumbled into an incredibly intricate blogging world: Hundreds and hundreds of people, like her, who were chronicling their battles against biology with pathos, rawness, humor and, sometimes, numbing sadness.”

As for our BlogHer panel this weekend, my initial fear was that no one would come to hear Pamela Jeanne, Melissa, Monica Mingo and me speak of our experiences.

With statistics like this, though, I am now afraid that there may be hundreds in our audience. That’s a lot of tighty-whiteys for me to imagine!

UPDATED 10 am MDT.
One commenter says: “Screw them. There are too many people in the world as it is.”

Well, I can think of ONE way this meany could become part of the solution.

Feel free to click over and comment.

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

It’s nice to see the publicity- but I echo other commenters, why did they not make the community accessible by linking? Odd.J

every gym's nightmare April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

hey, congrats! thats exciting. sucks about the linking though.i wanna go to the conference…. :( http://www.groundedfitness.com

katd April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Oh wow. That person sure could begin to solve the problem, couldn’t they? What a horrible thing to say.I’m so very proud of all of our bloggers! How exciting to be mentioned in a newspaper:)Thanks so much, too, by the way, for your suggestion regarding being a bit more private on my blog. I’m working on it as we speak…well, mostly as we speak. I’m taking time out to comment, too:)

Io April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

How cool was this? But yeah, talking about blogs without showing people how to get to them? Doh.I am so jealous of all of you guys out there! I would *totally* come see the panel if I could.

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Given the maturity level of some of the comments over there (maybe some people aren’t meant to BREED???) WTH?? Maybe we should be glad they can’t find you/us!!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

There’s this great blogroll out there! (but we’re not going to tell you how to find it). And 1400 bloggers! (but no way to connect with them) :-) I hope you not only have to do a lot of underwear imagining, but that people also throw their panties at you while you’re on stage. Wouldn’t that make you a rock star?

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Well, it’s certainly great to be mentioned. But WTF is up with the no hyperlink thing? What’s the point of telling people about blogs without making it easy to find them?

Geohde April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

every gym's nightmare April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

katd April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Io April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

niobe April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I’ve always loved the name of your other blog. What a drama it is. Sheesh!!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Congrats on the mention. That’s cool. I can’t stand reading my local paper sometimes because of the nastiness of the comments. It doesn’t matter the story, the same vile commenters have to spew negativity. And as for the no-linking thing, I’ve found that to be common on newspaper sites. I think they don’t want you to click away from the story, which I guess I can understand, but it shows total disregard for the nature of the medium.

Sam April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Hmmm, this is one moment when exclamation marks could be quite freely let loose!! Firstly – have a great time at BlogHer!! Secondly – what is up with that commentator!!And I think that I shall give the exclamation marks a rest there.

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

So many ignoramuses so little time ;-) … and the lack of time is a good thing.silver lining: the smart and kind readers will be able to find the URLs by typing the names of the blogs in a search engine. the others — too bad their parents didn’t get fixed.

LJ April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

This article was mentioned on the DC Metro Blogger email list, and people brought up the comments. I can’t even bring myself to read because I will be infuriated.

Waiting Amy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Thanks for letting us know! I’m so proud of our little corner of the world!Have a great time at BlogHer — so wish I could be there!

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I’ve always loved the name of your other blog. What a drama it is. Sheesh!!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Sam April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

LJ April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Waiting Amy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

So many people are gonna come see you chickas, totally. But please please, no tighty whities. Wearing those is grounds for breaking off this friendship.

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

HeidiM April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Thanks for sharing the article. It was great, but some of those comments made me nauseus. Some of those folks are relentless. Makes me all the more happy to have a supportive community though. So many people DO understand.Hope you’re having a blast at BlogHer, can’t wait to hear about it!

HeidiM April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am