The one where Pamela, Melissa, Monica and I pretend we’re on The View

July 31, 2008

in Adoption, BlogHer, Infertility

Did you miss the panel on Building Bridges between Mommybloggers and Infertility bloggers at BlogHer08? You saved yourself the vacation time, the travel expense, and the pat-down by TSA. As an added bonus, you can see the panel now here.

What would you have said if you’d been there?

Just Me. April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I watched this video and I cried when Pam cried. The panel was just great!!!! You guys touched a lot of the IF issues that we face everybody.I was going to talk about bridging the gap between our best friends and me on my blog soon cuz it has been a hard journey for both of us, on so many levels!Thank you for doing this. At least now, when you comment on my blog, I’d know how you look like too! It’s great to put a face to a blogger. Sometimes, I feel that infertility is so surreal and that I feel these people I’ve met through my blog are unreal cuz they are so unbelievably amazing and supportive when I can’t even find that through my IRL friends.I would like to bridge that gap. I am working towards that now.big hugs for doing this!!!sorry for the rambling. it’s 7am now and I am awake cuz i’m hungry and rambling at the same time.

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

thank u so much for posting this…incredible women!!

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

PS You guys were GREAT!

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

There is so much here . . . one thing that really struck me was Dramalish’s comment that all her readers have infertility issues (except her BF) and I think this is true for so many of our blogs. So the question for me is how do we build the bridge when no one (seems to) want to join us on our side of the river so to speak . . . even just to discuss what it’s like over here?A challenge to be sure!

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I watched this last night from PJ’s blog. The hour-plus flew by & I wished it had been longer. And that I had been there. You guys were all awesome!! By the way, seeing your photo & then seeing you on video — you could be my boss’s younger sister!

dana April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I can’t even watch the video. I start to cry all over again!The panel was amazing, however, and I’m so glad I went.

Just Me. April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

JJ April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

thank u so much for posting this…incredible women!!

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

PS You guys were GREAT!

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

dana April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

B April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Hi there LoriI just watched this on PJ’s blog at coming to terms. Thankyou for you your comments and insight.Your talks about the issues of respect while blogging have been food for thought for me.I write in the dangerous assumption that no-one I know reads my blogs. Some people know I have a blog but I never let people who I can see know what it is. Which is stupid because if they came across it they would know in a wink it was me.The advantages of writing anonymously is putting the darkest parts of yourself out into the world while not taking responsibility for the impact it has on others. It is very therapeutic and is part of what is so powerful about blogging. Not having to “edit” yourself. Seeing others “unedited”.ON saying that, I would feel so ashamed if my friend who is pregnant read the post in which I express my anger towards her – and yet to delete it now would seem somehow like a lie. Albeit a responsible one (maybe?)Definately food for thought. i know this was a side track to the main theme of building bridges, and shows that I am in a place of pain where “bunkering in” is a really good option for me at the moment.But I can see how that contributes to my feelings of isolation. Cheers to PJ who spoke bravely about living child free, which, in the infertility community, seems to be both feared and judged.You are courageous people Thanks for letting us share in this.love Barb

B April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Rachel Inbar April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

It was a really interesting session. I’m glad I was there.

Rachel Inbar April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

It was a really interesting session. I’m glad I was there.