Please give a warm bloggy welcome to….

August 19, 2008

in Adoption, Excavating

Crystal!

Tessa‘s firstmom is now the Contributing Editor for Birth/Firstparents on Bridges.

You can visit and bookmark her here. While we have often tandem-told our story as we lead classes on open adoption, this is her first attempt at writing her portion down.

Please join me in welcoming her to the blogosphere.

=====================

Chicklet got herself edumacated on the recent history of Cambodia in preparation for her trip, and has reviewed one of my favorite books, First They Killed My Father. Check it (and others) out on All Thumbs Reviews.

=====================

While driving them around last week, my kids wanted Tami (my sister) and me to sing them a Hannah Montana song from when we were kids. We explained that there WASn’t a Hannah Montana when we were kids.

“Then what DID you have?” Reed asked.

In unison, Tami and I answered, “The Brady Bunch.”

“Did it have a song?” asked Tessa?

Tami and I sung it for them. Again. And again. And a-freaking-gain. Over and over until we arrived at our destination. The backseaters liked the melody and the storyline. Obviously.

At the library on Saturday, I picked up two DVDs from season 4 (the “Hawaii” trilogy, for you Brady-philes).

So now I have a new babysitter. Or family of sitters. Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby and Cindy have been entertaining my kids ever since.

Please re-meet them:

Now, wasn’t THAT the perkiest 1 minute of your day?

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

LOL, I soooo watched that for years!

Mrs.X April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Thanks so much for sticking that bug in my ear this morning! Seriously, though, I was a child of the 80s, but the powers that be had already realized the beauty of re-runs, so I too grew up with the Brady’s. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and I wouldn’t let the kids read Greg’s biography for a very, very long time. :)

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Too funny that they’re into the Brady Bunch. Now I have to go dig out my tape of the Brady Bunch sings.

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I loved the Brady Bunch. Unfortunately, nobody has ever heard of them over here in Portugal. Oh the fun they missed! My housekeeper reminds me so much of Alice. I think that’s why I hired her. When I got married and started working hard to enter the gates of motherhood I had the Brady Bunch in mind. That was the kind of family I imagined. Specially to make up for the fact that I’m an only child. Of course, Mother Nature had something else in mind. Thanks for the memory!Anna (from across the sea)

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Thanks for the smile and the trip down memory lane… they really were too perky, weren’t they!

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

LOL, I soooo watched that for years!

Mrs.X April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Antigone April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Great. I’ll be humming that for the rest of the day.

Antigone April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Great. I’ll be humming that for the rest of the day.

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Ahhh, like revisiting an old friend!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

DOH! We all got distracted by the Bradys. Welcome, Crystal!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

The BB was my favorite show from childhood. Now the ditty is stuck in my head, too.

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I didn’t know you could get the Hawaii tril on dvd! What about the Jessie James episode? Classic. Gotta check into those..I was supposed to marry Peter (or Greg or Keith Partridge or either Hardy Boy.. I wasn’t going to be picky).

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Ahhh, like revisiting an old friend!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

DOH! We all got distracted by the Bradys. Welcome, Crystal!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

hilarious! really glad crystal has joined bridges too! very much looking fwd to reading her posts!

Erica April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Lori I just had to pop over and say Hi! I have been lurking in your blog…and I never made the connection between you and the Profile Review tips! That is so crazy!! I hope that my first attempt at the web site is a good one…I’ll be very interested in your opinion when I make it “public.” It’s not quite as catchy as the Brady Bunch theme, but hopefully it’ll catch someone’s eye! ;) BTW, I’m heading to the library to get Eat, Pray, Love right after I finish my current book.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Erica April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I just love that your children are into the Brady Bunch. We watched it so much as kids that we could tell what episode was airing within the first minute. Thanks for the fun memory!

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Good story about the Brady Bunch and I am SO excited to read Crystal’s story.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Good story about the Brady Bunch and I am SO excited to read Crystal’s story.