Post script

August 9, 2008

in BlogHer

How can 35,000 rabid dedicated Democrats be wrong?

Oh, BlogHerand BlogHer voters. I thought you were on the right track for the location of BlogHer09. If Denver is good enough for Michelle Obama, Hillary and Oprah, you’d think it would be good enough for 1500 witty, smart, sassy, awesome blogger chicks.

But apparently Denver was beat out by these finalists: Philadelphia, Portland and St Louis.

So, dear readers, help me find the silver lining in my loss.

Who do I know in/near Philly? My friend E (who blogs so surreptitiously that she won’t give me her URL) is one. Speak up if you’re reading and in the Philly area.

Who do I know in/near Portland? Excavator, Ms Planner, and….who else?

Who do I know in/near St Louis? Let me know if it’s you.

While I’m sad that Denver won’t be the Chosen City for 2009, I am most disappointed that I’ll miss the chance to make you each a mojito to enjoy on my deck. (Tip of the hat to Luna.)

Image: I See What You Mean, Lawrence Argent, artist, Denver.org.
__________________________

We have a winner for the All Thumbs giveaway. Find out who is a fit mother.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Sad for you, but Philly was my first choice (don’t hit me!). You will stay with me in Philly–I know a lot of people there. And you tack on an extra day or two and fly into DC, drive up to Philly with me, and then we’ll have an excellent time. On the other hand, one of my best friends lives in Portland and she would let us stay with her too. Volunteering her house right now. St. Louis…that one is a tough one.

Waiting Amy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Sorry I didn’t have a chance to vote — but I’m originally from Philly! All my family is in the burbs. So I’d have a double excuse to go if it was there (oh and that double excuse of getting away from 2 babies). Philly it a great city!

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I know portland is fun! philly is historic and st. louis has a cool arch. how’s that for geography?hey, maybe a silver lining? what are you doing on labor day?! I’m running out the door now, but it looks like there’s a slight chance I may be not far from your ‘hood and open for just a couple of hours around lunch time? no worries if you’re not around. just email me…

Shelli April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I’m a Philly girl!I decided that I am going next year no matter what… but it would be great to show some of my blogging friends my city!

Mrs.X April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Gosh, I can’t think of anywhere I would want to go less than St. Louis. I’ve been there, and it was nice, but that was about it. Denver, on the other hand, some of my favorite bloggers are there! What if I just show up in Denver anyway?

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Dagnabbit.. and I voted for Denver several times, too. Oh well, maybe next time..I surfed over the pic of the view from your deck.. girl.. if that isn’t purple mountain majesty, I don’t know what is. That was a stunning shot!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Waiting Amy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Shelli April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Mrs.X April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

m April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

If you and Lollipop are anywhere NEAR PA and you don’t come play with me I will cry and cry and cry. (I voted Philly. Don’t be mad). Don’t live directly in the city, but not far. And tons of my peeps live there. But yes, Denver would have been sweet too.

m April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Mandy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Denver’s a 45 minute drive away from me, so I was terribly disappointed too. :( BUT! I’m sure we’ll get another chance. We’ll just have to lobby harder for it next time, right?

Mandy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Let’s do a Denver party anyway.So if it ends up in Philly, I’ll get to see Shelli, Lolli, Amy (maybe) and M.That’s a definite silver lining.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Port-land! Port-land!My guest room is yours. Besides, how can you turn down the local beer, wine and more farm-to-table restaurants than you can shake a stick at?!

Becky April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I’m not too far from Philly. It would be cool to see BlogHer come to my neck of the woods.

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am