If dollars were seconds, if dollars were inches

September 26, 2008

in Freedom

Can you guess what was going on 700 billion seconds ago?

Earth was in the Pleistocene Era.

If you traveled 700 billion inches, do you know where you’d end up?

Nearly halfway to Venus.

I did the math.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

hard to truly fathom what 700 billion is, isn’t it? crazy, that it is.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

A coworker of mine shared this little tidbit with me yesterday, and I was FLOORED!Really puts an entirely new persepective on things, doesn’t it?My question is, how much debt does this administration want to pass on to future generations? How many billions PER MONTH being spent in Iraq? And now a $700 BILLION to $1 TRILLION wall street bail out?Scary stuff.

Momma, The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

We really have no concept of “the worth” of money these days. I feel like we’re trapped in the Austin Powers Movie where Dr. Evil says, “One Millllllllllllllion Dollars,” and they all laugh. :)

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

hard to truly fathom what 700 billion is, isn’t it? crazy, that it is.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

It is mind boggling, isn’t it? Even just writing out all the zeros…700,000,000,000. Nuts.

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Well put, Lori. I hope you emailed all of your political representatives with this little tidbit.

Beth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

That’s a really imaginative post. Gives me a sense of perspective, which we all desperately need now.