Lori’s Childhood Trivia: Schoolhouse Rock

September 24, 2008

in Lori's Childhood Trivia

Shakin’ it up for Round 8. Instead of a contest, let’s have a collaboration.

I’ve thrown out a clue: Schoolhouse Rock. Now y’all give me lines. One per comment, and one comment per day, please.

No googling! Let’s see how deeply we can milk our memories for lines from Schoolhouse Rock.

Shall we see if we can get to 20?

By entering a line in a comment, you are eligible to grab the LCT button and add it to your bloggy bling. You can either copy the image and link to this hyperlink, or get the code here.

Now. How long will it take for Lolly and her adverbs to get here?

(Rounds 1-7 and assorted memories can be found here.)

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Someone from my loss group actually mentioned this Schoohouse Rock episode at one of our meetings. Here’s the line that’s haunted me since then: A man & a woman had a little baby They had three… They had threeeee in the family It’s a magic number.

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I’m just a bill,Yes I’m only a bill..And I’m sitting here on Capitol Hill.(I hope you were meaning the Schoolhouse Rock from Saturday mornings!)

Tina April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Conjunction, junction, what’s your function?

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I don’t know how you people do this stuff. (said in the most complimentary way). I’m always at a loss when you post these!

ourboysourlives April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

So sorry to put the whole thing but I sang this in a talent show in grade school and it is one of those things that you just never forget. My boys laugh at me because I can still sing it and sing it fast…sadly it is not the only one that I know by heart…Well, every person you know,And every place that you can go,And anything that you can show,You know they’re nouns.A noun’s a special kind of word,It’s any name you ever heard,I find it quite interesting.A noun’s a person, place, or thing.Oh, I took a train, took a train to another state.The flora and fauna that I saw were really great.I saw some bandits chasin’ the train.I was wishin’ I was back home again.I took a train, took a train to another state.Well, every person you can know, like a bandit or an engineerAnd every place that you can go, like a state or a homeAnd anything that you can show, like animals and plants or a trainYou know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns, oh…Mrs. Jones is a lady on Hudson Street.She sent her dog to bark at my brother and me.We gave her dog a big fat bone,And now he barks at Mrs. Jones.She’s a lady who lives on Hudson Street.Well, every person you can know, Mrs. Jones, a lady, or a brotherAnd every place that you can go, like a street or a cornerAnd anything that you can show, like a dog or a boneYou know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns.Oh, I took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty.My best friend was waitin’ there for me. He took an early ferry.We went for a walk on the island you know,And in the middle of summer it started to snow,When I took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty.Well, every person you can know, like a friend or the captain of a shipAnd every place that you can go, an island or a seaAnd anything you can show, like a statue, a ferry, or snowYou know they’re nouns – you know they’re nounsOh, I put a dime in the drugstore record machine.Oldie goldies started playing if you know what I mean.I heard Chubby Checker, he was doin’ the twistAnd the Beatles and the Monkees, it goes like this!I put a dime in the drugstore record machine.Well, every person you can know, the Beatles and the Monkees, Chubby CheckerAnd every place that you can go, like a neighborhood or a storeAnd anything that you can show, like a dime or a record machineYou know they’re nouns.A noun’s a special kind of wordIt’s any name you ever heard.I find it quite interestingA noun’s a person, place, or thing.A noun is a person, place, or thing.

Anonymous April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Figure 8 is double 4.

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

The Election Connection!I actually saw a commercial for this yesterday.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Three, it’s a magic number…

m April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

That’s called taxation without representation.And THAT’s NOT FAIR!(It’s wrong! It’s wroooong!)

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I can actually sing every history and english one ever made. But I’ll offer a science one:“I’m a machine, you’re a machine.”

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

My hero zero, such a funny little hero…Oh, the memories. Love this!

Tina April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

We the people, in order to form a more perfect union . . . Schoolhouse Rock is how I learned the Constitution.

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Lori, I’m so loving this! AFTER I posted I Googled and got a good laugh. My SIL has a dog named Rufus and I’ve always called him Rufus Xavier Sasparilla, but I couldn’t remember where it came from.. SHR, of course! LOL!Yep, they need to bring back the classics.. that does not mean Knight Rider.. like SHR and “Battle Of the Network Stars”, etc. :o)

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

These are so great, Ladies!I can taste the Froot Loops now.(The breakfast of choice back in the day.)Keep ‘em coming…

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

interjection! show excitement (oh!)! or emotion (hey!)!loribeth and tina took my first two!!!

nancy April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

ooohhhh, such memories. I have the school house rock CD that a bunch of artists collaborated together on. Have you hear it? “3 is the magic number” sung by blind melon. Melts my heart.

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Tina.. I wanna Zoom Zoom Zooma Zoom. I wanna Zooma Zooma ZOOM! that and oh ay, THE ELECTRIC COMPANY ROCKED.:o)Sorry, I just a blabber mouth today..

Tina April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Talking about Schoolhouse Rock has brought back so many memories. Anyone remember The Electric Company or Zoom (Boston Mass 02134)

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I once taught “Planetary Janet” to 3rd graders. But I don’t remember it from the originals.

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

You already used it but my fave is:Lolly, lolly, lollyGet your adverbs here…

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Oh crap, someone took mine already (previous comment)! Ok, here’s another, since we’re in the political zone…“And we were sufferin’ until suffrage…”(this song has so much soul – it rocks!)

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Darn! That’s the end.

ak_sapphire April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I’m gonna send your vote to college,When you vote for president,And if you’ll let me share some knowledge,You’ll understand this big event!

Frenchie April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

A hanker for a hunk of, a slab or slice or chunk of, I hanker for a hunk of cheese…Does anyone remember that one?

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 4:20 am

Or, how about this one…

Inner planet Janet, she’s a galaxy girl…