Perfect Moment Monday: Dancing Matt

September 1, 2008

in Perfect Moment, Travel

Have you noticed a perfect moment recently? (I didn’t ask “Did you have one.” I asked if you have noticed one. I think we all have those moments of peace/calm/joy/presence. The key is to be aware that you are having one.)

Mine was triggered by this video. You may know by now my love of travel, for experiencing the infinite facets of humanity. Watching this video puts me in a perfect moment state. There is a one-ness, a hopefulness I feel when one person gathers many to join in music, dance and joy.

I especially like India (Gurgaon) and Nevada (about 2:30). Continue below for Perfect Moments of others (yours??).

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

Write up yours, anytime during the week, and leave your link in the comments below. I’ll keep moving the links up to the body of this post.

So far we have:

1. Perfect email from my student, by Susan in Tempe, AZ. Susan and Robin run the Perfect Moment Project, and we will be collaborating on collecting these moments and highlighting what’s good, clear and welcome in our lives.

2. The Idle Mind of Beth. Her perfection consists of sisters and lemonade. And *I* think she’s lovely, don’t you?

3. Mommy at God Has Heard finds a perfect moment in news about Gustav.

4. Luna had her purse rifled through and her husband was repeatedly beaten (at Tic Tac Toe).

5. Lollipop witnessed a suspended moment of beauty and transition in the life of a loved one.

6. Mamie used a movie soundtrack and side-splitting laughter to short-circuit a snit.

7. Yours??

Button: If you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

Finally, I just got to have lunch with Luna and her wonderful, kid-magnet husband M. It was a 2-hour string of perfect moments.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I am currently drowning (and staying up all night until I finish the book), but please remind me if I forget to post my perfect moment and remind me with the word “turkey cutlet.” It will make perfect sense in the future, I promise.Off to take resources from your sidebar.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

you nailed my perfect moments today!! We miss you already. (gotta love free wifi @ the airport!) T & R are precious! Thanks again!

Mommy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am
IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Sorry, here’s a permalink to the post, not just to my main page.http://theidlemindofbeth.blogspot.com/2008/09/blog-post.html

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Claiming awareness of the GOOD things, because a) I am still having these moments, and b) focusing on them will make the rest of it a little easier (Right? Please tell me that’s right!?!?!)http://theidlemindofbeth.blogspot.com/

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I love this video. It always makes me smile (and sometimes cry).

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Mommy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am
IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I love this video. It always makes me smile (and sometimes cry).

mamie April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am
nancy April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Dancing Matt makes me cry. I have no idea why. But I see Denise also cries, so now I’m not as weird.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

Okay, my moment:http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2008/09/perfect-moment.htmlThe turkey cutlet story is forthcoming too.

Courtney April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

I love this idea and I love that video…I remember when i watched it for the first time and had tears in my eyes while at the same time wanting to do something like that too.I will def. have to remember and join in for next weeks installment of perfect moment monday. Thank you for this.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

ok, I’ve posted my perfect moment here:http://lifefromhere.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/perfect-moment-monday/can you guess what it was?! we had such a great time. I’ll send some pix soon!

mamie April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am