Perfect Moment Monday: Soak

September 29, 2008

in Perfect Moment

I traveled last week for work. When I got to the hotel, the clerk told me my room had been upgraded to a “deluxe.”

This has never happened to me.

My room had a fireplace (not that I used it, but it was charming, nonetheless) and a gorgeous big jetted bath. And a candle.

With my iPod on the speakers and no imminent commitments, I calgoned for about an hour.

Perfect.

Leave a comment this week with a link to your Perfect Moment, or the Moment itself. I’ll move up to the body of this post as the week goes by.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

Click here for previous collections of Perfect Moments. Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?

1. Kami: “Perfect moment? coming here and feeling the good vibes from reading other people’s perfect moments.”

2. MizFitOnline: “Right now its the unsolicited SPONTANEOUS kiss from my Toddler Tornado.
When she ceases whirling and comes over to plant one on me.
So pure.
No motive.
Just love.”

3. Melissa finds perfection outside her front door — and NOTICES it.

4. Martha celebrates her birthday! And remembers a surprise gesture of love two years ago.

5. Kami recognizes a Moment in this Indian Summer.

6. Furrow: Today: A cool, early morning on the porch swing, wrapped up in a blanket with Zo, watching the birds fly overhead.

7. Beth: I had a perfect moment recently at Walden Ponds, near Boulder, Colorado. It was late and almost dark, the wind was blowing a little, and the shorebirds were calling. I really wanted to stay there all night, but I had forgotten my tent! (Not that it’s legal to camp there anyway.)

8. Peeveme: An IRL friend of mine read my recent blog post and wrote me that most amazing e-mail addressing my conflict between my religion and donor eggs cycles. I sobbed and sobbed out of gratefulness/relief. Not only did she help me see things in a different way she also opened herself up to me and I know our friendship just reached a much deeper level.

9. Beagle: trying a new recipe and having it come out beautifully . . . (a fresh pear tart.)

10. Yours?

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Ooohh, that tub looks delightful!My perfect moment was just outside my own front door.

Anonymous April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Right now its the unsolicited SPONTANEOUS kiss from my Toddler Tornado.When she ceases whirling and comes over to plant one on me.So pure.No motive.Just love.MizFit

Kami April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am
MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I have a big tub like that and it’s been ages since I had a good soak in it…

Martha April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Hi, Lori, that is so great you were upgraded. “Calgoning” is a new verb? I love it!I have another Perfect Moment this Monday to share and many thanks for opening my eyes and lifting my spirit with your endeavor, MarthaA Sense of Humor is Essentialhttp://comicallyflawed.blogspot.com/

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Oh that tub looks nice. I’ve always wanted to try one of those that I could fit my entire body into.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

how lovely and perfect! I almost feel relaxed listening to you describe it. not a perfect day here — 6 hours of meetings and 3 hrs of commuting makes luna very tired…

Shelby April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

This is one of the best perfect moments ever. I’m a HUGE tub soaking fan. I’ve decided that just about everything can be solved, even if only temporarily, by a hot bath. And I just realized that I can’t think of a perfect moment. Thanks for stopping me just long enough to find something good in my day. I’ve been too busy to notice! I’m still looking, but I know it’ll come to me!

excavator April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Damn you. Damn Quebec.

luna April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Shelby April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

nancy April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

(in parenthesis, this comment means it’s a whisper.)(My perfect moment is happening right now. The baby has ~not~ been moving today at all. He did this morning and since then? Nada. I raced home as soon as the clock hit 5 and pulled out the doppler. I heard it beating in the 150s like normal, but still, the absence of kicks scared me. And as I typed my last comment to you, he’s started kicking me. It’s enough of a perfect moment that I am in tears.)

nancy April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Sweet. I had a room like that once for work. A full week and every night I wasted water and filled that baby up! :)

FarmWife April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I’ll have to think on this perfect moment thing. In the meantime, I got here by way of Mrs.X as part of a blog to blog project. I’ve linked you in < HREF="http://farmwife7.blogspot.com/2008/09/bloggy-love-blog-to-blog-project.html" REL="nofollow">today’s post<> & thought it only polite to let you know. Come by & share in the love!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Beth April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

I had a perfect moment recently at Walden Ponds, near Boulder, Colorado. It was late and almost dark, the wind was blowing a little, and the shorebirds were calling. I really wanted to stay there all night, but I had forgotten my tent! (Not that it’s legal to camp there anyway.)Thanks for the post. It’s a good idea.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Wow…what a wonderful moment.

beagle April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Topcat April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Oh my goodness, I need that bathtub STAT!!Dear Lori, thank you so very much for your kind words for my hubbie. I truly appreciate it.And …. my favourite auntie is moving to America … Denver, Colorado in fact!! I’m already googling airfares!

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Pamela April 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Enjoying a glass of red wine with a crackling fire and my best guy.

fruitlady April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I blogged mine. And I grabbed a badge! But your tub would easily tie with mine if I ever had that opportunity! Awesome!