I traveled last week for work. When I got to the hotel, the clerk told me my room had been upgraded to a “deluxe.”
This has never happened to me.
My room had a fireplace (not that I used it, but it was charming, nonetheless) and a gorgeous big jetted bath. And a candle.
With my iPod on the speakers and no imminent commitments, I calgoned for about an hour.
Leave a comment this week with a link to your Perfect Moment, or the Moment itself. I’ll move up to the body of this post as the week goes by.
Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.
Click here for previous collections of Perfect Moments. Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?
1. Kami: “Perfect moment? coming here and feeling the good vibes from reading other people’s perfect moments.”
2. MizFitOnline: “Right now its the unsolicited SPONTANEOUS kiss from my Toddler Tornado.
When she ceases whirling and comes over to plant one on me.
3. Melissa finds perfection outside her front door — and NOTICES it.
4. Martha celebrates her birthday! And remembers a surprise gesture of love two years ago.
5. Kami recognizes a Moment in this Indian Summer.
6. Furrow: Today: A cool, early morning on the porch swing, wrapped up in a blanket with Zo, watching the birds fly overhead.
7. Beth: I had a perfect moment recently at Walden Ponds, near Boulder, Colorado. It was late and almost dark, the wind was blowing a little, and the shorebirds were calling. I really wanted to stay there all night, but I had forgotten my tent! (Not that it’s legal to camp there anyway.)
8. Peeveme: An IRL friend of mine read my recent blog post and wrote me that most amazing e-mail addressing my conflict between my religion and donor eggs cycles. I sobbed and sobbed out of gratefulness/relief. Not only did she help me see things in a different way she also opened herself up to me and I know our friendship just reached a much deeper level.
9. Beagle: trying a new recipe and having it come out beautifully . . . (a fresh pear tart.)