Dork Olympics

October 10, 2008

in Excavating

I am entering myself in Topcat’s challenge to see who has the dorkiest picture of herself.

Remember when I lamented the time my mom allowed her friend to take me to the barber? Well, this was the result.

Yikes! Have a sudden urge to poke your eyes out?

A few years later, there was this:
You’d be serious, too, if you were wearing wool and plastic on a 98 degree day. The higher the hat, the higher the fashion.

And I was just so cool with my Farrah hair, Morticia skin and Mick lips:

Why don’t you enter yourself? Dig up your dork and enter.

============================

Tessa took a photo of me yesterday because I was asked to join the Mile High Mamas as a regular blogger. Woot! And coincidentally I am featured today as October’s Blogger of the Month. Please visit my interview and comment so they think I’ve shed the dorkiness and can bring some measure of popularity to the site (thanks already, Melissa!).

My favorite photog, Mary Beth, wasn’t available on such short notice, but I think Tessa did a great job.
Afternoon light and photo-editing work wonders, don’t they?

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Oh my! I LOVE seeing people’s photos — what’s so amazing is that nearly all of us have them…and we feel, at the time, so alone…and frankly you’re kind of hot in the high hat :) Lovely lovely photo of you — nice work Tessa!Love,Pam

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

You are oh-so-brave on the dork olympics. While I know I could kick your ass (except for that Farah one) in it, I’ll instead sit back and laugh at you cuz that’s just who I am:-)Congrats on Mile High, and yea, Tessa did a great job. Nice shot!

Topcat April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Lori!!! Thank you!!Now, while those Mick Jagger lips did scare me (a lot!) … I do declare your marching band pic quite dorky indeed! However, you’ve balanced it out with a beautiful pic of you at the end. It’s win-win.XOXOX

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Niiiiceeeee dork pics!!!!Tessa did a fantastic job! Have her people get with my people and see if we can schedule our family Christmas portraits. ;o)

Beth April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Thanks for a couple of belly laughs. The pictures on your blog and others made me laugh out loud. I’ve joined the challenge.

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Amber April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

You. Are. A. Hottie. :-) Glad to have you on-board!

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

oh lori, these are great! I love the barber cut, but not as much as the morticia look! what did you play in the marching band?tessa’s pic of you is gorgeous! looks like she’s been practicing since our photo shoot.

Evil Stepmonster April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Oh yeah, they are great photos. That hat is the dorkiest! But that last pic of you is not dorky in the least.Mr Topcat certainly has his work out for him.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Love the kid photos. How very cute. And the current photo of you is fantastic. You look wonderful.

excavator April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

LOVE the new photo/avatar.Tessa has a good eye (and a beautiful subject)

Kate April 7, 2010 at 4:19 am

I’m a little late for the contest but came across this via blogger bingo. Thanks for the laugh, I love the farrah fawcet look though, muy sexy ;)

Galit Breen May 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Love every one of these lady! From Farrah to the tall hat!

And your last minute pic is absolutely beautiful!

Leighann May 27, 2011 at 7:18 am

That band photo is fabulous!
You are serious about your job!
I can’t even imagine how much your neck must have hurt!

Jenny Ford February 5, 2013 at 3:11 pm

amidst all of that, you were never a dork…you are fabulous