Perfect Moment Monday: the right ingredients

October 13, 2008

in Perfect Moment, Tessa

Recipe for my Perfect Moment:

1 birthday in the family (in this case, a mom/grandma)
1 pan of homemade brownies needing to be frosted
1 iPod (on speakers) playing Fleetwood Mac’s Don’t Stop — the live version with the rockin’ USC Marching Band
1 daughter to help frost and sing and dance

Combine all ingredients. For a more intense Moment, have daughter help you halve the recipe (because it’s HUGE). Feel even more perfect when she grasps the concept of division.

Lick bowl together and enjoy!

==================================

Leave a comment this week with a link to your Perfect Moment, or the Moment itself. I’ll move up to the body of this post as the week goes by.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

I Capture
Perfect Moments.

Click here for previous collections of Perfect Moments. Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?

1. Robin is inspired by Donna Brazile. Over and over again.

2. Melissa has some belly laughs about her mounted jackelope.

3. In a pumpkin patch, Cassandra experiences abundance and its opposite.

4. Martha attends a reaffirmation of vows, and sees perfection in many places — including in imperfect moments!

5. Cara muses on the meaning of time, and spends some moments at her daughter’s grave to be taught by her.

6. My sister, Tami (who is now watching Reed so I can Twitter and eat bonbons) gets an unexpected gift from her neighbor, which leads to a shorter To Do list.

7. Yours?

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Your perfect moment made me smile and get a big lump in my throat all at once. Magic! Thanks for sharing. I have to collect my meager thoughts this AM to rustle up a perfect moment or two. Please stay tuned.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

I can see it now. one of my cherished childhood memories is being in the kitchen with my grandmother. that carried through to adulthood, and I’d call her whenever I was baking something. after she died it was one of the hardest habits to break…

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Fight on! The Spirit of Troy makes any song sound better.http://babysmiling.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/autumn/

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Love your Perfect Moment! DH has that version of Don’t Stop on disc and BLASTS IT.My PM was thanks to our jackalope.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Melissa April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Lori – I’m a first timer here for PMM…thanks for setting this up!http://buildingheavenlybridges.blogspot.com/2008/10/perfect-momenteveryday.htmlCARA!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

All righty, all done with my PMM! (hey that sounds too much like PMS!) Thanks so much, Lori.http://comicallyflawed.blogspot.com/2008/10/perfect-moments-mondayweekend-update.html

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

OMG. Brownies! With frosting! Can I steal your perfect moment?Sorry I have been MIA. Life and work and a sitter situation have all conspired against my ability to hang out with my blog friends.

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Lori,I got a big smile reading that. Wonderful.

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

frost and sing and dance … beautiful and so perfect.My daily mantra (and one I go to early on Mondays) is ‘I will enjoy the people I work with today.’ That covers all bases because sometimes enjoy means giggle at…Today, I plan to end that with ‘and frost and sing and dance.’Thanks, Lori!(misplaced comment… )

Ms. Planner April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am

Lori,I got a big smile reading that. Wonderful.

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 1:05 am