What happened in my bed

November 12, 2008

in Uncategorized

I sleep with a woobie. In the cold months. And Hubby doesn’t mind.

What, you may ask, is a woobie? It’s a loaf-of-bread-sized bag of millet or buckwheat covered in a flannel casing. Ours were made by one of my students years ago. Pop one in the microwave for 3 minutes, and you have warmth. Warmth on your lap for a cold drive in the morning. Warmth under your shirt when your core needs heating up. Warmth for cold sheets on a chilly night.

My family had three woobies.

Tonight I found two of them shredded underneath my nightstand, their guts spilled out all over the carpet like puke in a frat house. Know what this means?

A mouse has moved into our house.

Surely my third woobie, my favorite one with black-and-white-and-pink cows against a blue sky — surely this one is saved. After all, I slept with it last night and left it in my bed, under the covers. Safe and sound.

BUT NO! THE FREAKING MOUSE GOT TO THAT ONE TOO!! Chewed up my woobie IN MY BED!! And left some TURDS for me as added injury!!

Needless to say, the exterminator has been called. I’ll show no mercy.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I call mine my bed buddy (yes I’ve gotten looks over that) and would be so sad if mice at it. I had a mouse once and it would get up on my bed at night and poop on the corner. Hope yours get caught soon.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

oh that SUCKS!I’d be FURIOUS! Especially about the one in the bed!ARGH!

FarmWife April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I have the heebie-jeebies for you. Shuttering as I type! I cannot abide mice. Perhaps tomorrow I shall blog about the one mouse we’ve had in our house & my husband’s bravery. But, I must also say, I think I may pick up materials & create some woobies for our house…possibly christmas gifts…I love this idea!! Thank you so much!

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

MonsterRatWoobieTerminator….that is the password to rat momma. She will have the creature fixed!So Sorry about your Woobies!

Amber April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Am I the only person who has never heard of the Woombie? Evidently, even the mouse knows.

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

That mouse was busy! I hope you get him soon. Mice totally creep me out. I have a woobie too and I love it. I use it for my back a lot!

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ugh, ugh, UGH. We had a mouse in the house a couple of years ago — fortunately managed to catch it the same day we saw it. It totally creeped me out to think of that thing rampaging through my house that day while I was at work! May you catch it soon (& may he/she not have brought friends along). :p P.S. I’ve heard them called wheat bags & magic bags, but never “woobies!”

LJ April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I had to tell you – aside from the mouse issues, which we have as well – I love that there is someone else who uses the word “woobie” instead of blanket. Oh Mr. Mom, you have been so good to me…

katd April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

OH NO!! We had a mouse issue this time last year, and it was not pretty.And I have to say how glad I am that someone else has a woobie:) We don’t call ours that (though we will now!:), but I am so addicted to it! I use it for headaches, muscle cramps, you name it! They’re the greatest!

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Oh no, not the Woobie!!!!Good luck catching the little fellow!

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

oh that SUCKS!I’d be FURIOUS! Especially about the one in the bed!ARGH!

FarmWife April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Amber April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

LJ April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

katd April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Oh no, not the Woobie!!!!Good luck catching the little fellow!

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

If it’s in your bed then I do think no mercy should be shown. I get the shivers just thinking about it.

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

You f***ed with the wrong woobie, Mickey!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

We have two cats. They leave mice on our doorstep nearly every day. No woobie shredding here.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

yikes, those mice turds freak me out, especially in bed or in the kitchen. our old cat was never much of a hunter (he was a peaceful zen boy — a lover not a fighter), but we’ve always borrowed other cats to come in and take care of the mice problem. last time it didn’t work so well though — a big old love of a boy just wanted to snuggle. so we broke out the traps. sorry about your woobies!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Bastard!!!! Show no mercy! (says the vegetarian who refuses to kill the mouse in her house and makes feeble attempts to live in harmony — but if he turned up in my bed, that would be another story altogether)Mine is filled with corn, so we call it the Corn Bag. Our resident mouse hasn’t shown any interest… our kitchen drawers and the storage pantry and the cat’s food are much more interesting to him.

Marge April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

You need a cat.In my house “woobies” are most-beloved dog toys.We have “heatie pads” but ours are filled with rice.

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

You f***ed with the wrong woobie, Mickey!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Marge April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

excavator April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ooooh! Now it’s personal!

nancy April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

ewww. Sorry about that. I hope the “catcher” can catch it (and set him free)!

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I’ll never forget our first winter in our house. I opened the broom closet to get …well the broom and a MOUSE was sitting on the top of the handle. I screamed, I swear he did too – but to terrify me as he didn’t move, not even a mousish muscle!Buggers – SHOW NO MERCY!

Kami April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Three cats in my house and one day a cat strolled across the living room while a mouse sat on the back of the couch thumbing it’s nose at me. The little devils!

Dora April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ewwww!A chubby kitty makes a good woobie. Takes care of mice, too.

m April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

No mercy to the woobie shredder!I am really sorry your sweet thing was torn apart. Maybe you and the kids could make new (even better) ones in celebration of the extermination?

beagle April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

I could not have guessed where this post was going . . . LOL!I have two woobies and three cats. I think we’re good here.

excavator April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ooooh! Now it’s personal!

nancy April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

ewww. Sorry about that. I hope the “catcher” can catch it (and set him free)!

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Kami April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Dora April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ewwww!A chubby kitty makes a good woobie. Takes care of mice, too.

m April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

beagle April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

My woobie met the same fate. Mine was made of rice and in a box for an extended amount of time while we moved. When I found it, there was only a bit of fabric and mouse poo left. They ate EVERY damn piece of rice in it.Get him!!

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ewww. We’ve had serious mouse problems in the past and they are a huge pain in the ass, but if one ever got in my bed….shudder. I don’t know what I’d do. They don’t even bug me that much, but turds in the bed is too much. No mercy is right. I recommend glue traps – they were the only thing that ever worked for us, as our mice seem to be smart enough to avoid all other kinds. Gross, but effective.

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

annacyclopedia April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Jaymee April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

hope the exterminator catches it fast. It must pay for the destruction of the Woobie.

Jaymee April 7, 2010 at 1:06 am

Comments on this entry are closed.