Perfect Moment Monday: Clarity

by Lori Lavender Luz on January 19, 2009

in Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than aboutcreating one. Perfect moments are just waiting to be observed, and can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world, if only for a moment. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week.

====================================

My perfect moment arises from a couple of problems I’ve had this past week.

Problem #1 is chronic and surrounds a project I simply haven’t been able to propel forward for several weeks. It’s deeply personal and it feels risky (only in ego terms). I’m sure, if you keep reading here awhile longer, you will know what I’m talking about, as I will eventually reveal all when I gain a little more momentum.

Problem #2 is an acute problem that arose suddenly one night last week. It has to do with open adoption, and I will be blogging about this in the coming weeks as I understand it and can articulate it. But right now it’s messy and sharing would complicate things.

I am fortunate to have a dozen or more wise counselors in my life (I count some of you readers among them). Today’s perfect moment is brought to you by one my my near-lifelong counselors, my sister Sheri.

Some of you may remember that Sheri is both an Intuitive and a Personal Coach. She works with people using all the tools and resources available to her, whether they be concrete strategies or woo-woo Tarot cards.

This weekend Sheri did a reading for me about Problem #1 (we did a quick 3-card reading: Page of Cups, Queen of Cups Reversed, and 10 of Cups — don’t ask me what any of that means, though).

As she read and intuited, I could actually feel, with this alternate perspective on the situation, things click into place. I have today set aside to flow freely with this project and move fluidly through the blockage. Wish me luck (especially you, Chicklet, middle initial “B.”).

Further, Sheri’s reading gave me clarity into Problem #2. It’s amazing how I can enter a conversation with her seeing a problem as a tight, impossible knot and leave seeing it completely untangle-able. Using her empathic abilities, Sheri gave me insight into what other parties in the knot are experiencing and how I can best respond.

My perfect moments this week came from the clarity and perspective that wasn’t there one moment and was there the next. Refreshing!

Thanks, Sheri.

====================================

Be sure to follow the links below and share the bloggy love.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

I Capture
Perfect Moments.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of?

Read about these perfect moments had by these people. Get to know someone new:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hope your knots continue to untangle!

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Wishing you lots of luck with both Miss B…

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hope your knots continue to untangle!

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Wishing you lots of luck with both Miss B…

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

That is an amazing story. I love when piece of advice, story, etc can be applied elsewhere for maximum clarity. I am here if you ever want to talk.

HeidiM April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Happy Monday, First, thanks so much for your continuted support on my blog!!Reading this post of yours has reminded me that taking a step back to identify and honor problems and practice introspection in their solutions is time well spent. Best wishes on propelling your project forward, I’m sure you will do it in your own time. And with your open adoption problem, I don’t doubt that you will handle it with grace and compassion, whatever it is.Happy Day.

excavator April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Some of my sweetest moments are those of epiphany and expanded understanding. I seek them like an addict. How wonderful that you were able to find some clarity, and how beautiful that you could at the same time deepen your intimacy with Sheri!Love

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

That is so delightful, what a wonderful support and resouce. Best to you always.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Good luck on untying the knots. I will be looking forward to hearing more.I had a busy week and forgot to notice those perfect moments. I must have had them, just didn’t appreciate them at the time.Here is to capturing them this coming week!

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Good luck getting both worked out.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Untangling knots sounds lovely. I was blessed with my own personal life coach. She entered my life within a year after Emma’s death and transformed the way I thought about my grief, my life and my quest to have more children. These people are so important. Thanks Sherri for your great work.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

that is a wonderful perfect moment! hoping those knots continue to unravel freely.

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I think it helps to get perspective from someone who is not as emotionally involved as we are. They help us tap into what we already know intuitively, or they help us see another perspective that we haven’t even considered because of our own blinders. How nice to have a sister like that who can help you!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

HeidiM April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

excavator April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kami April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Good luck getting both worked out.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I often pull out my deck and muse about a problem. How cool!Keep detangling!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I often pull out my deck and muse about a problem. How cool!Keep detangling!