The latest from the ColoBloggers

January 21, 2009

in ColoBloggers, Show & Tell

**UPDATED with new donations!**

We ColoBloggers* are angling to bring Melissa Ford to a book signing this summer when The Land of IF is available. We’ve got some of the expenses covered, but we are looking to raise airfare for her and her family to travel to Denver.

We hope to raise $1000 ourselves and another $1000 through sponsorship (anyone have connections with a company/clinic that would like to give back to the community?).

Regarding our portion:

• MaryBeth has donated her photography services. (Leave a comment on her blog if you’d like to talk portraits with her, or if you’d like to buy some of her stunning photographs.)
  • I am donating an adoption profile review. Contact me if you’d like to purchase this for yourself or for someone else going through the process of domestic infant adoption.
  • Kristin is donating proceeds from an Obama DVD she’s compiled. For just $5 plus shipping, she’ll send you a DVD of the inauguration, the first speech, and the festivities of Inauguration Day. All $5 will go toward the Melissa fund. Email her for YOUR piece of history.
  • BattyNurse is donating proceeds from a 10-pack of hand-stamped cards, at $15 a pack. You can see her fabulous selection here. Such talent! Email her to order.

Got something to donate? Let me know and I’ll highlight here.

As for sponsorship: got contacts with a clinic that would like to hear the following sentence?

“The Tattered Cover is delighted to welcome Melissa Ford.
Melissa is brought to you by the super-duper reproductive endocrinologists at
Get-You-Pregnant, LLC.”

Let me know.

* Check out our baby boomlet: Nancy, Spicy Sister, Jen, Meg, Denise, Heidi, and Maryanne. Fertile thoughts going out to our other members.

============================

Because of the response to my pottery painting post, I am organizing a pottery painting day for all of my local readers — bloggers or not, fertile, infertile or otherwise, artistic or not.

It’s tentatively scheduled for Sunday February 22nd at 2 pm here, so mark your calendar.

Please leave your email address in a comment (or send it to me) if you’d like an Evite.

Yes, we can bring our own wine. Which will help the creative process immensely.

=======================================

I’ll have mine in June 09.
Want yours, too?
Just click through.

nancy April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Holy shit! Holy shit! REALLY? The Tattered Cover?? YAY! Lori, I’m so excited! Let me figure out what I can donate. Or maybe I can just make a donation myself once I’m off maternity leave (STD benefits and all.) Can I make a donation to count towards total and then pay later? I’m totally good for it.

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Holy crap! Spicy Sister’s < HREF="http://spicysister.blogspot.com/2009/01/water-broke.html" REL="nofollow">water broke yesterday<>. Has anyone heard any updates?

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Ack, I am so jealous, I wish I was local, this sounds likes so much fun. I can’t wait for the details.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Offically added this to my brain-come-up-with-something-good list. I’ll let you know if anything pops up (most likey at 2am, right?)GO MEL!

Denise April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I wish I could think of something to donate. Unfortunately, I have no talents!Please send me an invite for pottery painting.

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Very cool what you’re doing for Mel but I do hate you a little for the pottery-painting party. Wine? Without me? Bah!

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

I wish I lived closer too. I could probably donate another 10 pack of hand stamped cards.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Oh man…I so wish I lived closer. Let me think and see if I can come up with something to donate to help raise the money.

nancy April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Cara April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

Kristin and Battynurse, thanks for your contributions.Chicklet and Martha — get a weekend airfare and come!Denise — you’re on the list.Cara — can’t wait to see what you come up with. The best ideas come in the middle of the night.Phoebe — it’s a BOY!Nancy — let’s talk. We should put your special talents to work.MB — great idea!

mary elizabeth April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am

i want an invite for the pottery painting too. you know i will be there. maybe we could take up a collection there too? i can take photos there for like $20 a person and will donate all of the profits!? whaddya think?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 1:27 am