Perfect Moment Monday: Par-tay!

by Lori Lavender Luz on March 9, 2009

in Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours with us, too.
====================================

As time goes on, I notice that the vestiges of the trauma of infertility are fading. The pain is now far enough in my past that it almost feels it happened so someone else. In a way, it did. It happened to the person I used to be.

This week we celebrated a turn around the sun: Reed had his 6th birthday party. And although I didn’t know of him or meet him until a few weeks after he was born, his presence on this earth marks the anniversary of the fullness of my life.

We celebrated in a gym — 12 friends and a few family members, a rope to climb, an obstacle course to navigate, uneven bars on which to skin cats, balance beams to conquer, parachutes to puff up, ice cream to eat, presents to share.

I am so full of love for my son. For my good fortune. For moments like this.

====================================
Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the bloggy love.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Great pic! Artsy and no faces. Clever.I also like that the IF wounds seem to heal.

PFM April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

It is inspiring to hear that IF seems like it was a different world for you. I am getting there, little by little

Julia April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Happy Birthday, Reed!Sunday was Monkey’s seventh. I love gym birthdays. Little Miss Monkey now has too many friends to be contained by a single party, so this past weekend we celebrated with her school friends (she invites the whole class), and the coming one is a gym party for kids she’s known for years cause they are kids of friends (and mostly Old Country Language speaking). Climbing rope swings, here we come!

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Happy Birthday to Reed. You are blessed to have one another.

B April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Sounds like my kind of party!Can you do that for your 34th? Happy birthday little Mr. Glad you’re feeling good Lori, you deserve it.

luna April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I can feel the fullness of your love for your darling boy. so glad R had a happy birthday. and happy anniversary to you too.

Kalei April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

What a wonderful moment. I am inspired by your abilities to conquer the battle of infertility and to build a life in spite of it. I learned a lesson the last two weeks (much smaller scale of course) =) of which I could sulk in my distaste of ‘something’ or I can turn around and build off of it. I am opening my own online Etsy Shop in the coming weeks. I am really proud of myself for making a tasty margarita from a lemon dropped. =) have a wonderfully full week!….Hau’oli Lahanau (happy bday) to Reed. pronounced: How Oh Lee Lah Hah Now

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I love parties in the gym. Who doesn’t want to jump straight into one of those squishy mats?

Kami April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

PFM April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Happy Birthday Reed!

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Happy birthday Reed! What a great way to celebrate an awesome day!

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

That looks so fun! I’m a bit concerned about the cat skinning, though. Happy birthday to Reed, and happy mothering to you.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Happy Birthday to your beautiful son and his wonderful parents who love him so!

Wishing 4 One April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Yeah for Reed, happy birthday. Indeed a perfect perfect moment!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

That looks like tons of fun- just don’t ask me to climb the rope….Happy Birthday Reed!