Perfect Moment Monday: Process and Product

by Lori Lavender Luz on March 2, 2009

in Mindfulness,Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours with us, too.
====================================
This past week was a perfect moment sandwich. It started with an afternoon of pottery painting with old and new bloggy friends and it ended by retrieving my artwork from the kiln of the pottery studio.

The Casual Perfectionist, Denver Laura, The Unknown Blogger and Mary Beth (who also documented the session via her camera lens) joined me for a combination of creativity and camaraderie. MB’s son and Tessa also put their painting skills to work.

Here’s the process (courtesy MB):
The Casual Perfectionist‘s spiral design; Denver Laura‘s endless loops, The Unknown Blogger’s sunflower bowl, my cityscape theme.

And here’s the product:

We’ll definitely be doing this again sometime. It’s wonderfully relaxing and fulfilling — just ask my painting buddies.

Edited to add: Click here to see the Casual Perfectionist‘s post about the day, as well as her finished product.

====================================
Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you are qualified to place this button on your blog.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the bloggy love.

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

I’m still waiting to sell your products here in Portugal.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

What a fun outing. It put pottery painting on my radar–there’s a place to do that in town.

Julia April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Beautiful. I just caught up on the last two months, and I have to say your art teacher didn’t have a clue– this series is great.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Wow, Wow, Wow, just beautiful.You have a great profile and expression in the photo, so “in the flow”. Thanks for sharing, I’m working on my post.

luna April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

what a great day! love the process and the product! your light switch panels are very cool and colorful!love tessa’s shoes too. whose are they?

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

I wrote about this too, Lori! :) I had so much fun, and I can’t wait to add to my collection! :)

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

You do wonderful work!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Same-day results? You mean you didn’t have to wait months only to discover that most things didn’t survive? That’s not any form of pottery that I know!Where is Mr. Linky?http://babysmiling.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/revisionist/

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

I love that! I love the idea of both the community and the creativity!Xo

Terra April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

you and TCP put me to shame. I am NO good at all things crafty. I am a wee bit jealous.

infertilityrocks April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Ooooo, I’m so envious of your playtime/pottery time! Beautiful work!!!!Eve

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Hey, you did well!

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

Wow, your light switches came out great! I like how you did a day and night version, though I’m more partial to the night one. I agree that your art teacher was clueless about your talent!So funny that Luna noticed Tessa’s shoes!

nancy April 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

That’s so cool. I totally wanted to come and was planning on it. When I told my husband I was planning to go on sunday, he is the one who told me I was working derby that day from 1-9. :~(I hope there is a next meetup!

antibloggedy April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I pre-posted this one with the Perfect Moments in mind. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks so much for helping me realize the small moments in life, and reflecting on those that passed. Lori, You are wonderful.