Twitter Tuesday

March 31, 2009

in Twitter Tuesday

Periodically I’m going to highlight tewiffic tweets that come across my radar.

On Tuesdays I’ll do this. For the amusement and alliteration.

What is a tweet? It’s a 140-character message sent via Twitter by a tweeter. I currently have more than 350 people in my twitterstream, meaning I see their tweets when I am logged in. Twitter is fast becoming a way I get news and notice of cool stuff from this array of people I follow.

You are welcome to set up a Twitter account (if you haven’t already) and follow any of these people by clicking on the name. They might even follow you back.

Clicking on the name will take you to the tweeter (and his/her recent tweets) and clicking on the tweet will show you that specific message.

Ready for the tewiffic tweets?

1. From SteveOuch:

“I just can’t get enough minimalism.” SteveOuch tweet.

2. From RobinJP:

Top 25 men who look like old les.bians… http://tinyurl.com/2on2uz RobinJP tweet.

3. From MelissaOnline:

Joy is the best makeup. ~ Anne Lamott” MelissaOnline tweet.

4. A two-parter from Me:

True story: how my dad met my mom. He handed her a scrap of paper and asked her how to pronounce a word on it. It said, “hoof-hearted.” BestLight tweet.

“She answered softly and he asked her to repeat loudly. She did, got embarrassed, and married him anyway. Almost 50 years ago.” BestLight tweet.

Want to share your own favorite tweets once in awhile? Here’s the code for the Twitter Tuesday button.

Can’t wait to see what you find!

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

That is a cute joke from your dad. I am another of those who just doesn’t get twitter. I’m a facebook dropout since I don’t really get that either. As far as twitter what if you have a really boring life? who wants to read all that.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Love the joke your dad pulled!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Oh man, your dad is funny. I can’t believe your mom fell for that. Reminds me of my older sister and her friends telling me “Say Boo before Bee” and ” Say Hi to your Knee” when I was in 2nd grade.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Oh my G-D! I just saw your comment, Ms. Lori. I did not make YOU get on. YOU made ME get on (I think?) and then YOU ruined my concentration at BlogHer while I was innocently trying to learn all there is to know about Twitter and you would not stop sending me inappropriate emails :-) I am like a little white flower, pure and innocent.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Er…here’s what I saw the moment I opened Twitter:Nip just got bitten off, my gmail isn’t working, and my mother is blogging about vibrators. I’ve had better days.

Amber April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

It’s so funny how Twitter is sweeping the nation yet how few people really “get it.”

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I’m trying to understand and get into Twitter (as if I need ANOTHER distraction) but it’s not clicking yet. I guess I need to follow more people. Don’t know if I have it in me, but with the few people I am following, whose blogs I also read, I see I’m missing out on the real conversations by not being there. You know, the chitchat in the hall.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Miss Tori — I felt the same. Until Lollipop made me get on. Then it all makes sense. It adds great value — really, it’s where I get a lot of news now.Peeveme — it’s just one of the many reasons I love that dork.Terra — let me know what you find! Use the “favorites” button to mark the ones you like.Martha — you’re welcome!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I am not a tweeter, but Thank you so much for these!! What a sweet story re.your parents.

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I think this is funny! I guess I should watch twitter more…I might get to see some fun things.

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

OMG your dad is a dork. I love it. The next time I see my nephews I’m totally stealing that joke!

Miss Tori April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I guess I don’t get it. Why do you need to twitter or tweeter or even twatter? (Okay, so no twattering. heh)Is it just so you have one more electronic toy to play with? Does it actually add any value to the day?Thanks for your insight.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Love the joke your dad pulled!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Amber April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Miss Tori April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Just love the story about your mom & dad. Too sweet! I’ve been having so much fun on twitter since I figured it out. Love the Best Light tweets! Another great tweeter is http://twitter.com/arjunbasu with his 140 character short stories.

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am