Twitter Tuesday #2

April 7, 2009

in Twitter Tuesday

Periodically I highlight tewiffic tweets that come across my radar.

On Tuesdays I’ll do this. For the amusement and alliteration.

What is a tweet? It’s a 140-character message sent via Twitter by a tweeter. I currently have more than 400 people in my twitterstream, meaning I see their tweets when I am logged in. Twitter is fast becoming a way I get news and notice of cool stuff from this array of people I follow.

You are welcome to set up a Twitter account (if you haven’t already) and follow any of these people by clicking on the name. They might even follow you back.

Clicking on the name will take you to the tweeter (and his/her recent tweets) and clicking on the tweet will show you that specific message.

Ready for the tewiffic tweets?

1. From NotCWalken (alias CaptKoons, admittedly a fake Christopher Walken, but I’m a sucker for more cowbell) who sounds remarkably Walken-like:

“In life there are winners and losers. And probably, the Mini-wheat’s unfrosted half knows this.” NotCwalken tweet

I’d like to say to myself so no one hears, “‘Kevin Bacon’ sounds delicious.” But you really just don’t think that and not share it.” NotCWalken tweet

2. From Chilihead:

Loves me some John Stossel: http://is.gd/mA3s” Chilihead tweet

3. From Gilly42:

Americans once shouted “Give me Liberty!” Now they leave off the last word.” Gilly42 tweet

4. From me:

Toyed today with the idea of training for a petite triathlon. Settled instead for a petite pint of Cherry Garcia.” BestLight’s tweet

Want to share your own favorite tweets once in awhile? Here’s the code for the Twitter Tuesday button.

Can’t wait to see what you find.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

RA: I call it tweeting, but I am no authority. I tweet, therefore I am.JamieD: I hope you do! It’s fun, and you can feed it into your Facebook updates.Terra: I’m so glad! I enjoy collecting great tweets through the week, and I can’t wait to see what you find.

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I do think I am liking twitter tuesday!

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I used to pride myself on being on the cutting edge of technology but the last few years, technology keeps lapping me.Thanks for the Twitter explaination – I have honesting been wondering!!Maybe I’ll join the Twitter community . . . I’ll have to see how much interesting stuff I can come up with!

Raggedy Ann April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I’m still a rookie on twitter but already having a grand time, though still a bit shy. I’m going to keep an eye out this week so I can join in next Tuesday. Need some help, Lori. What’s the verb form? Is to tweet or to twitter? Could do with some help on the jargon? Obrigada!

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I do think I am liking twitter tuesday!

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am