It’s important to honor the journey of those on the path of infertility and to occasionally mark the progress and triumphs.
It can be sticky to do so, though, because when navigating IF, we move forward at different speeds and on different sub-paths. Still, if I were to put off a Status Check until everybody was fulfilled, we might wait indefinitely, due to the revolving-door nature of the beast.
So here is a status check, mentioning by name those ColoBloggers who have found the exit, and acknowledging those whose time is yet to come.
Fourteen months ago, I blogged about the first meeting of the ColoBloggers, a coffee klatch. Here we were back then, not a zygote in the bunch. There were some tears shed that morning about that fact.
- Heidi: her daughter was born a few days ago
- Nancy: Karl was born in January, 2009
- Denise: Twins Nathan and Bayla born in December, 2008
- Meg: is in her 29th week with Sprout, a boy
- K: is in her 25th week with a daughter
- Me: no family additions (except for Molly, who now goes by “Fishie”)
- Duffy: Zane was born in January, 2009
Other ColoBloggers with family updates:
- Jen: Son “O” was born in February, 2009
- Maryanne: Twins Carley and Caitlyn born in March, 2009
- Melissa: Is fostering (with the hope of adopting) 4 year-old twins Jack and Jill
At the same time we honor the good fortunes of these women, we also acknowledge the ongoing journey of other ColoBloggers who continue to hope and wait. Who knows what will be announced in the coming 14 months?
I close with the same dedication I made after that first coffee get-together.