What was IN that coffee!?

by Lori Lavender Luz on April 16, 2009

in ColoBloggers,Infertility

It’s important to honor the journey of those on the path of infertility and to occasionally mark the progress and triumphs.

It can be sticky to do so, though, because when navigating IF, we move forward at different speeds and on different sub-paths. Still, if I were to put off a Status Check until everybody was fulfilled, we might wait indefinitely, due to the revolving-door nature of the beast.

So here is a status check, mentioning by name those ColoBloggers who have found the exit, and acknowledging those whose time is yet to come.

Fourteen months ago, I blogged about the first meeting of the ColoBloggers, a coffee klatch. Here we were back then, not a zygote in the bunch. There were some tears shed that morning about that fact.

Here’s an update of those ladies in attendance, from L-R.

• Heidi: her daughter was born a few days ago
  • Nancy: Karl was born in January, 2009
  • Denise: Twins Nathan and Bayla born in December, 2008
  • Meg: is in her 29th week with Sprout, a boy
  • K: is in her 25th week with a daughter
  • Me: no family additions (except for Molly, who now goes by “Fishie”)
  • Duffy: Zane was born in January, 2009

Other ColoBloggers with family updates:

• Jen: Son “O” was born in February, 2009
  • Maryanne: Twins Carley and Caitlyn born in March, 2009
  • Melissa: Is fostering (with the hope of adopting) 4 year-old twins Jack and Jill

At the same time we honor the good fortunes of these women, we also acknowledge the ongoing journey of other ColoBloggers who continue to hope and wait. Who knows what will be announced in the coming 14 months?

I close with the same dedication I made after that first coffee get-together.

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Beautiful song and lovely post! Congrats to all the moms!

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Wow…talk about changes in that time.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lolli: this song always makes me think of my ALI friends.

WG: that’s my hope, too! Answering you by email.

Denise: I’ll update the post — thanks!

WordGirl: Absolutely! Come visit and we’ll gather in your honor.

Beth: we invite EVERYone to come have coffee with us.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

My Gawsh! With stats like that, you guys should mass-market membership! Do I smell a pyramid scheme?

I loved the pic the first time you posted it, and I love it today!

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I love this post…I remember the meeting of the Colobloggers…I so wished I could join! Can I be an honorary member?

XO

Pam

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lori….how did you get the ‘retweet’ button on the bottom of your blog post? What widget do you use?

Denise April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Heidi’s daughter was born April 10th. It is unbelievable how far we’ve come, isn’t it?! Here’s hoping more ColoBloggers realize their dreams this year!

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Wow oh wow! I recognized Nancy and you from that lot of women in the photograph.

Mighty congratulations to everybody who are already on the other side of the door or about to cross over.

And I hope that those still remaining here…shall do so soon!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I think of you every time I hear that song. I put it on a mix CD and it’s currently playing in my car (by which I mean it will play in my car when I turn the car on; not that I leave the car running even when I’m sitting in my bedroom for a quick get-away).

It is amazing to see what can happen in a year.

Terra April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Beautiful song and lovely post! Congrats to all the moms!

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Wow…talk about changes in that time.

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lolli: this song always makes me think of my ALI friends.

WG: that’s my hope, too! Answering you by email.

Denise: I’ll update the post — thanks!

WordGirl: Absolutely! Come visit and we’ll gather in your honor.

Beth: we invite EVERYone to come have coffee with us.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I loved the pic the first time you posted it, and I love it today!

Wordgirl April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

XO

Pam

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Denise April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

WiseGuy April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

And I hope that those still remaining here…shall do so soon!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

It is amazing to see what can happen in a year.

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I love that song! So many victories! It’s amazing what can happen, eh?

niobe April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

(Gosh, you guys are all so gorgeous)

I think back to where I was a year ago and am constantly amazed.

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

What a perfect song. Congrats to the Mom’s!

I wanted to thank you for introducing me to Sheri’s “Wild Women of the universe blog”.

She is great!

PFM April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

There are so many success stories. It’s wonderful. Check out my new and awesome blog. I had it re-done. I love it.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

That is such a wonderful post. Great picture too, thanks for sharing.

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

It’s amazing how much things can change. Your photo and update on the women’s lives reinforce that.

It reminds me that “right now” is just a SLICE of my life. when things are going well, I need to savor it and be in the moment.

When things seem frustrating or unfair, I need to realize that this is just one of the many chapters of the book. Who knows what will happen in the next chapter or even on the next page.

I guess my quest is to experience all of the “nows” that are connected together and become my life.

Wow! That is deep! :)

Deathstar April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

I love that song! So many victories! It’s amazing what can happen, eh?

niobe April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

(Gosh, you guys are all so gorgeous)

I think back to where I was a year ago and am constantly amazed.

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

What a perfect song. Congrats to the Mom’s!

She is great!

PFM April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am

That is such a wonderful post. Great picture too, thanks for sharing.

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:06 am