Mellow your Fellow: a Father’s Day Gift Idea

June 4, 2009

in Uncategorized

Oh, yes. I was tense going in. Two kinds of tense.

I was tense from fear: would I need to claw my way out? Would I get too cold? Would I go crazy from an hour of nothing?

And I was tense from expectations: would this truly change my life? Would I emerge seeing brighter colors, feeling serene and balanced? Would just one hour pull the toxins from my body?

Oh, yes, you could say I had some tension on my way in to the Flotation Tank (“sensory deprivation tank” is SO last century).

Read the rest at Mile High Mamas

Non-Coloradoans can find a Float Center near you (USA).

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

That sounds cool. I wish the one in NC was closer to me.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

You- tense?? Hmmm…maybe it wouldn’t be right for me then.

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I have visions of myself trying to claw my way out. Plus, I can’t swim, and being in deep water makes me panic. Is the water deep?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Mrs Spock — only 10 inches! And it is imPOSSible to sink, being that the epsom-salted water is much denser than you.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I think I could do it as I’m not usually clausterphobic.

Phoebe April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Is that you in the picture? Well, the link took too long to load, I think because of the ads, so I’ll just have to take your word for it that it was fab. My nephew used to design and sell his own floatation tanks!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

You had me until you said “close the lid.” Did you ever feel claustrophobic?

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I did a float tank a couple of times in the ’90s. What a cool experience.

Floating felt awesome and it was cool to be more tuned in to my body. I could hear my heartbeat, my stomach growling and myself swallowing.

I didn’t know float tanks were still around. I’ll have to see if there is one close to me and try it again.