Perfect Moment Monday: Date Night

by Lori Lavender Luz on June 1, 2009

in Love,Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.
====================================

On Friday night I got gussied up (make-up even!) and dropped the kids off at a Girl Scout fundraiser called Parents Night Out. I met Roger at a restaurant called Mojitos (yum!) and we had 5 hours together sans responsibilities.

We charmed each other and spoke wittily about our observations of the week we’d each experienced, he out in the world and I closer to home. After enjoying our Cuban cuisine, we walked to the adjacent art theater to see the French film Summer Hours. It was exactly the kind of date we would have had on a leisurely Friday night at the turn of the century, before kids. We felt a decade younger.

Except that we had a hard time staying awake until the end of the movie.

Still, we’ll take the perfection as well as the imperfection. Sometimes I can’t even tell the difference.

====================================
Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you can place this button on your blog.

I Capture
Perfect Moments.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the bloggy love.

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Even without little ones, Hubby & I don’t go out very often. We are very happy at home, in jammies, curled up on the couch together.

We did go out to dinner on a whim a couple of weeks ago and I dressed up a little and it felt so good! I felt a little bit like a grown up :-)

Perfect Moment Project April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Date night sounds great.
We have no kids and are able to do dinner and movies often. But on Saturday night, we went to a BBQ where I got to volunteer to take the little ones into the bouncy castle .. over and over. Sue played spades with the adults. It was great. That was our kinda date night. Borrowing young’uns.

becomingwhole April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

wow, that sounds really great…even to someone with no kids (yet)!

Funny how we take certain things for granted at different phases in our lives, and then in others, they become this thing that so rarely happens. Hope it happens more frequently for you. :)

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Perfect Moment Project April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Date night sounds great.

becomingwhole April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

wow, that sounds really great…even to someone with no kids (yet)!

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Sounds wonderful. I would have a hard time staying up past 9:30.

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Sounds wonderful. I would have a hard time staying up past 9:30.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Nice! I love a good date night.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

That sounds so wonderful for you and your lucky hubby. I love the last two lines of this post especially, take the imperfections with the perfections.

My Dh says, Don’t sacrifice the good for the perfect.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Nice! I love a good date night.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

My Dh says, Don’t sacrifice the good for the perfect.

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Oooh, that sounds so lovely!! I’m so glad you got to enjoy the night out. DH and I used to love going to dinner and movie, but now that we live so far away from friends and family, we never get to. I recently found a babysitter and hope to plan a night like that soon. :)

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

excavator April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I love the imagery of a “Turn of the Century” date! I picture long skirts and parasols, courtly manners and gentle discourse.

Sounds like a wonderful evening.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Yeah, staying awake is a challenge for me too.

I’m so glad you got your perfect moment. Mine acually came ON monday this week!

Oh, and have to get to the tip jar…

mamabirdsblog April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Mojitos. Will have to make a note of that! Love Cuban food. I love how you described your date too. Sometimes we have to remember how to woo each other!

My perfect moment happened Sunday after service. My little girl and I shared a breakfast burrito, blueberry muffin and milk in the cafe at church. Just me and her. She was happy, I was happy. Nothing elaborate, just blissful plain and simple.

excavator April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Sounds like a wonderful evening.

Cara April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Yeah, staying awake is a challenge for me too.

I’m so glad you got your perfect moment. Mine acually came ON monday this week!

Oh, and have to get to the tip jar…

mamabirdsblog April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I love having date night with my hubby. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day routine and forget that special magic that brought us together.

At the core of it, we really are great friends and love spending time together.

Let’s hear it for date night!!!

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

At the core of it, we really are great friends and love spending time together.

Let’s hear it for date night!!!

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I love this one!

I think it’s funny that I did most of my dating in the late 1900s. LOL!

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Sounds like such a nice night. I think it’s important to have those times with our spouses to reconnect on a different level.

Wishing 4 One April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

What a wonderful night! We need to do that. Even though we are still kid-less its been awhile since we went to dinner and a show or a fun noght on teh town. Maybe in a few weeks as it will be our 13th wedding anniversary, inshallah we will do something fun!

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Yahoo for the date!

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

I love this one!

I think it’s funny that I did most of my dating in the late 1900s. LOL!

Bonnie April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Wishing 4 One April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Yahoo for the date!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

We definitely need more date nights around here…

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

We definitely need more date nights around here…

Kalei April 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

Thanks again for having a place for me to reflect on my memories. I think if I didn’t write it I might lose it forever…..Its funny which ones we get to keep and retain to take with us on our journey of life. You remind us to capture more of the positives and leave the negative at the doorstep. =)Much Aloha to you.

Antibloggedy