Perfect Moment Monday: Squeals

by Lori Lavender Luz on June 29, 2009

in Perfect Moment,Reed

Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than aboutcreating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

We gather here once a week to engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.

====================================
I’m showing photos but it was really the soundtrack that gave me a perfect moment this week. You should have heard the giggles.

Reed and his cousin, Dominic, were playing in the sprinkler and having pure summer fun. Their squeals of delight led me to a moment perfect with childhood simplicity, fond memories, lightheartedness, and sensory joy.

====================================
Once you make a Perfect Moment post, you can place this button on your blog.

Now. What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the bloggy love.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Those pictures are making ME want to play in the sprinkler.

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Dammit, this post just cost me a future $500,000-$1,000,000 you beotch! Do you know what houses with yards COST in Vancouver? AAAAA! And if i don’t have a yard, Tiny B can’t play in the sprinkler and squeal! I always thought he could play at the beach a block away, which is good, but no sprinkler? No child should grow up without a sprinkler! AAAAAAA!

Cara April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

The day after we got home the sun was in RARE form!!! We did four different water actitvites in one day: Lake, Pool, Sprinkler and Swimming Hole.

I nearly peed my pants from the giggles all of us had just reveling in the sun!!!

Missed you much!!

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I can just imagine the continuous giggling that must have been going on. When I hear that, I can’t help but smile and laugh myself. Perfect!

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

That looks like so much fun!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I’m all misty eyed over this picture, it’s so delightful and touching. Thanks, L.L.

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I can totally hear the squeals. And, um, I swear I didn’t read this before I wrote out my own perfect moment. It’s just that time of year.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I can’t vouch for Dominic, but Reed has one of the all-time best giggles.

Martha April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I’m sorry. I’m always such a ditz about linking back here, but now the image is up and the link is active.

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

I was just telling Mr. Peeveme last night how much I wanted to play in the sprinklers..err..I mean….let Piccolina play in the sprinklers. Bets memories of childhood every!

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Ahhh, sprinklers were great fun. ARE great fun! Thanks for taking me back there.

Billy April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Wish I could hear the giggles.. Looks like they had a great time :-).

Sandy April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

This brings back wonderful memories of being a child. I can’t wait to experience this with my baby boy.

Kami April 7, 2010 at 2:41 am