One of our favorite shows when my sisters and I were growing up was The Brady Bunch.
While we didn’t quite grasp that Carol was a widow, and we weren’t wishing away our own Dad, we DID fantasize that there was a man somewhere with three boys of his own, and that together we would make quite the lovely household, and that an Alice would appear and do our chores.
Well, we all grew up, brotherless, and got married, finally garnering our three boys of our own. Don’t think too hard about the incestuousness in these bullet points:
- I, Marcia, married my Greg (Lori and Roger).
- Jan married her Peter (Sheri and Tom).
- Cindy married her Bobby (Tami and Gino).
By the way, Alice did not magically appear.
- In June, “Bobby” broke his elbow in a fall at a swimming pool.
- In July, “Greg” got all busted up in a go-kart accident,
- Yesterday — because Jan just couldn’t handle ME being in the limelight — “Peter” broke both wrists, a rib and an elbow when he went over his bicycle handlebars in trying to avoid a car.
In the words of Sheri/Jan:
WON’T SOMEONE RETURN THE TIKI TO THE CAVE?
All three Brady boys are going to be fine.
(But we’d still like an Alice.)