Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.
Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.
Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.
My 6 year-old son Reed got to talking about the Special Powers of some of the people in his life.
- Uncle Gino has the powers of Wii.
- Aunt Tami’s is to serve yummy food and drinks like root beer.
- Tessa’s is to be the “annoyingest sister but the best sister.”
- Daddy’s is to heal from being a half-dead big boy.
“Mama, your Special Power is to always make kids feel happier when they are sad.”
Why did this bring me a perfect moment? Because I see myself as the opposite, more of a “buck up — you really don’t have anything to complain about” kind of mom. Good to know it’s somehow working for me, for him.
Reed thinks his own Special Power involves his skills as a swordsman (swordsboy?) and a warrior. As honed as those skills are, I think his true Special Power is the kindness swirling in his lion heart.
To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:
- Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment in a blog post, on Twitter, on Facebook, or simply leave a comment below.
- Grab the URL of your Perfect Moment.
- Use MckLinky below to enter your (or your blog’s) name and the URL of your Perfect Moment
- Visit the Perfect Moments of others (from the links below), and let the writers know you were there.
Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.
What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the love, and please come back next week (click to subscribe).