Answer me this #7

by Lori Lavender Luz on October 10, 2009

in Answer me this

What would you MOST like people to say about you at a future high school or college reunion?

LJ April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

I’m a sick glutton for punishment, so I’d want “She looks GREAT!”. It’s why I dropped 30 lbs for my reunion 5 years ago. Thank god I did, in some ways, because everyone else seemed to be the same size as high school too.

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“She seems so happy, contented and peaceful.”

It may sound “surface,” but no matter what happens in my life, I want to be able to be in a space of gratitude and peace.

Miss Tori April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

It’s interesting, I’ve never been too concerned about what people say about me. However, I would expect that some might say that her life didn’t turn out like she thought it would, which is true.

We are so naive while in high school with big dreams, that when life actually hits us, we deal with it, grow, and often times, take a different direction than we originally planned.

LJ April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“She seems so happy, contented and peaceful.”

Miss Tori April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Amber April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

I would hope they would share fond memories of me in high school! My 20-yr is coming up next summer….

Sandy April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“She’s not here? Well, it must be hard for someone so rich and famous to have a normal life. I mean, she would be MOBBED if she showed up.”

Lol.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Hmmmm…I think they would be surprised by my weight (sadly I’ve gained a lot since high school). But, I think they would notice how much more relaxed and comfortable in my own skin I am and how happy and content I am with my life.

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Similar to LJ, but more crude…

“Damn. I’d like to hit dat!”

Martha April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

I couldn’t make it to my 30th H.S. reunion a few months ago, but I connected w/alot of classmates w/Facebook. A couple folks emailed me that they thought I was genuine and kind and still appeared to be that way. That was wonderful but the most touching thing was when a not close classmate made point to acknowledge the death of my brother who also attended the high school and graduated the prior year before us. <3
A genuine connection is what counts, a kindness of heart.

kate April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

I would love people to say that I seem so happy. That’s what I want most of all for people to feel about me. And yeah, part of that would be the whole, “I’m so jealous that she got everything she wanted!” or “I wish I could be as happy as her!” aspect, but mostly it would be that it’s so hard to fake true happiness that if people saw me and thought I was happy, then it would probably be true. And that would be great.

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“Those are some damn nice thighs, girl!”

Why I’m showing up in hot pants to my reunion, I don’t know.

I like reunions, even though I’m not that keen to see anyone anymore from high school and my college/grad school was too large for a reunion.

Amber April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Sandy April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Lol.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Similar to LJ, but more crude…

“Damn. I’d like to hit dat!”

Martha April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

A genuine connection is what counts, a kindness of heart.

kate April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“Those are some damn nice thighs, girl!”

Why I’m showing up in hot pants to my reunion, I don’t know.

PFM April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

That I was nice to everyone. I really tried to be despite all the pressures.

Minta April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Honestly? “Oh my God she got soooo fat!”

PFM April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

That I was nice to everyone. I really tried to be despite all the pressures.

Minta April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Honestly? “Oh my God she got soooo fat!”

Leigh April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Call me shallow, what I really want them to say is, “She looks better than ever!!!”

And oh yeah, it wouldn’t hurt if they thought, “And she’s really nice and seems really happy” too

Aunt Becky April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“She’s awesome.”

Leigh April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

Aunt Becky April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“She’s awesome.”

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“she’s not nearly as drunk this time”

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

“she’s not nearly as drunk this time”

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 5:00 am

Mmmm . . . I always felt like such a wallflower when I was in my teens/twenties. I think I would like people to notice I’ve grown some confidence and am more willing to let my personality show.

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 5:00 am

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 5:00 am

lol @ furrow

I’d have to go the shallow route: “Damn, how’d she stay so skinny?”

Of course, I’d have to lose 25 pounds first.

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 5:00 am

lol @ furrow

I’d have to go the shallow route: “Damn, how’d she stay so skinny?”

Of course, I’d have to lose 25 pounds first.