If I go any deeper I may turn into Hope

December 8, 2009

in Excavating, Music, Vlog

If you’ve been keeping up with my tweets this last few weeks, you know that Season 1 of thirtysomething came in for me at the library.

And that I watched all 21 episodes in a week. And still it was not enough. I also checked out the thirtysomething songbook.

So indulge me with my first ever vlogging effort. I don’t have a fancy mic, so you might have to listen hard.

Or maybe not.

For the record, this is what I was aiming for.

IdleMindOfBeth April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

Bravo!

Martha April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

I love it!!! You are so talented and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

How fun!

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

You rock!! I’ll admit to never having seen “thirtysomething” (a bit before my time, I’m not even thirtysomething yet) ;) and I was kinda hoping there would be lyrics to the theme song. But nevertheless, I’m completely impressed, as usual.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

Spot on!

The question is: what else is in the thirtysomething songbook aside from the theme song?

When I went to the Franklin Institute (around age 20), I was quite excited to walk inside the huge scale model of the human heart because I’d seen it on thirtysomething.

Quiet Dreams April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

SUPER impressed…does the talent never end?

Nice sepia tones.

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

AND you play the piano? You are too much talent.

excavator April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

I did clap maniacally. Maybe I’ll go and listen later to what you were ‘aiming’ for, but I liked what I heard just fine. Your family is so talented. I love the nice direct smiling look into the camera as you shut it off.

I also loved 30-something. I wish I’d been with you to join the marathon. My 30-something girlfriends and I used to have regular get-togethers to watch. I never understoodthe ‘whiny, self-absorbed’ criticism. They didn’t seem at all self-absorbed to me. Did you happen to listen to ‘Talk of the Nation’ when they interviewed most of the cast when the episodes were released?

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

Thank you for sharing one of your many talents.

Is it just me or did I see ping pong balls in the palms of your hands?

Inside joke: our piano teacher used to have us play holding ping pong balls to help us keep the right hand position. She turned 90-something over Thanksgiving week.

Happy Birthday Mrs. D! Thank you for teaching us how to play, hold ping pong balls and smell the keys!

CherLiquori April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

I seemed to have forgotten that you can play piano….or did I ever know?

Been appreciating your 30something retrospective – especially since I was there for, and participated in, the original obsession. I think I have my Ellen t-shirt around somewhere. Still have your Hope?

‘Ellen’

The Casual Perfectionist April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

Yay! Bravo! I watched Season One too quickly and now I have to wait for Netflix to deliver Season Two in January. :)

Sandy April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

You are so totally awesome! I LOVE IT! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE THIRTYSOMETHING!

That made my day.

LemonySarah April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

… and they danced by the light of the moon.

Really nice!

mary elizabeth April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

wonderful!
vblogging here you come!

B April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

Ha. Very nice Lori and I’m impressed you still play. I’ve come to view the piano as a nice piece of furniture on which i can put photos and christmas cards.

Maniacally applauding. I like the adjective maniacally. Is it real?

but sadly we are about 300 years behind tv wise so I have no idea what you were playing.

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

I also loved thirtysomething. Would be interesting to see it again all these years later & see if I still felt the same!

Still trying to catch up on almost a month’s backlog of posts in my reader…!