Perfect Moment Monday: Chapter

December 7, 2009

in Perfect Moment, Tessa

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.

====================================
I stayed in bed until 8 o’clock Saturday morning, finishing up The Primal Wound for the upcoming Examiner book tour (tune in there next weekend for some fascinating observations by a few dozen people interested in adoption).

When I came downstairs to already-made coffee, I also was greeted to a heartwarming scene:

Tessa was cuddled in her Daddy’s lap as she read her first CHAPTER book to him.

I will not go into great detail about why, but trust me — this is a HUGE and long-awaited accomplishment. Passing on the ability and the love of reading to my children is something I’ve wanted since my own days of reading Nancy Drew under the covers by flashlight.

The proud look on Tessa’s face when she looked up at my own proud face was priceless, perfect.
====================================
To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment in a blog post, on Twitter, on Facebook, or simply leave a comment below.
  2. Grab the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  3. Use MckLinky below to enter your (or your blog’s) name and the URL of your Perfect Moment
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others (from the links below), and let the writers know you were there.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.

What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the love, and please come back next week (click to subscribe).

Quiet Dreams April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

That’s so great. I loved reading so much as a child, I always get so excited when I see kids who like it, too, especially my nieces & nephew.

LJ April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

That’s the second big reading post I’ve seen today – it’s so important, a whole world out there because of reading. Yay for Tessa, and for catching her all cuddled.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

Hooray Tessa! And hooray for the hard work that got her to this point.

nancy April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

We may have shared a perfect moment this week. Ella read a book to me. My 5 year old daughter can read. It freaking BLOWS my mind.

Coffeegrljapan April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

I am touched by your post. What a wonderful accomplishment for your daughter. I want so much, for my daughter to become a reader and to follow in my footsteps and those of my mother…I can only imagine how perfectly wonderful this scene must have been!

Tami April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

BTW, is THAT what you were doing uner the covers with a flashlight? I always wondered.

Tami April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

What a wonderful moment! And to think it is only just the beginning. Maybe she’ll read books to little D at the next family get together, and share the love.

Brandi April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

That’s awesome! Reading is an awesome gift to pass on to kids! :)

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 5:01 am

Go Tessa! I hope you show her this post and all the people out there who are cheering her on, encouraging her to just keep reading :-)

Dora April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

Wonderful! Such a proud moment! And already made coffee rocks!

I really want my girl to know the pleasure of curling up with a good book. It upsets me that my niece doesn’t get much encouragement in that area (I can only do so much). My sister is not a big reader, and my niece’s father is severely dyslexic. I’ve told her I want her to read to her new cousin. I’m hoping that will be a good incentive.