Perfect Moment Monday: Wii love to party

December 21, 2009

in Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.

====================================
My perfect moment this week was actually an entire evening, which included:

1. A visit to the home of the lovely Amber, my editor at Mile High Mamas, where we were picked up by…
  2. A private bus that drove a dozen partying women (such as MamaBird, LifeNut, Greeblemonkey, and MomSlant) to Boulder, where we were dropped off at an…
  3. Art gallery, which had been converted for the evening into a Wii Fitness studio and was adorned with smelly-good oils and statues of the Buddha. After we got settled,
  4. Fitness trainers showed us all the bells and whistles of the Wii Fit Plus. I got to do yoga and some strength training — my first time on a Wii. I became a convert, and considered finally getting one for our family for Christmas. (Reed, I tell you, would be overjoyed to be able to play Star Wars Wii.)
  5. Said fitness trainers then offered us yummy and healthy hors d’oeuvres and some reseveretrol in the form of a ruby Merlot.
  6. Said fitness trainers THEN said that we had been such a great audience that they were giving each of us a new yoga mat, available in all the chakra colors. I got a purple one — woot!
  7. And THEN said fitness trainers said that we would each go home with our own WII FIT PLUS!

So I guess Reed will be getting HIS perfect moment on Christmas morning, as we now need a Wii system in order for me to enjoy my new toy.

====================================
To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment in a blog post, on Twitter, on Facebook, or simply leave a comment below.
  2. Grab the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  3. Use MckLinky below to enter your (or your blog’s) name and the URL of your Perfect Moment
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others (from the links below), and let the writers know you were there.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.

What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the love, and please come back next week (click to subscribe).

Delenn April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

We love our Wii–one of the best items for the whole family. I love the fitness part of it–although, lately haven’t been able to use it as much as I would like. Maybe I will get the expansion pack you got to play…

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

We got a Wii last year for Christmas. I love the yoga pose that let’s me play chicken with a lighted candle. The calmer I sit the longer the candle stays lit. It’s cool.
The sports are good too, but the yoga is very nice.
Enjoy yours.

Delenn April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

PerfectMomentProject April 7, 2010 at 5:02 am

The sports are good too, but the yoga is very nice.
Enjoy yours.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

I can just see Reed wielding the Wii controller as a light saber!

Make sure he uses the wrist strap, or you’ll be replacing some windows.

mamabirdsblog April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Ha! We’ve decided to get a new Wii too. Do you think that was the plan? ;-)

I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve been wanting one anyway, so being bestowed the Wii Fit at this awesome event gives us just the excuse we need!

I had a blast with you that night! Merry Christmas! Enjoy your Wii!

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see how it works.

Wii don’t have a Wii…yet. But I know my kids would LOVE it!

Wii’ll just come to your house to play…how about later this week?

Lavender Luz April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Mrs Spock — it was fun at the party. I loved that there is an actual trainer watching how I distribute my weight during poses and showing me how my breathing should be.

But our own Wii is wrapped and waiting for Reed and Tessa to open it on Friday. I’ll report back in about the squeals!

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

That sounds fantastic! I’ve been thinking of getting one. How is it?

chicklet April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

So jealous. Of the wine & girls night, just as much as the wii fit plus.

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

WTH?! And you got this for doing what? For being super cool bloggers? Wow.

Lucky Reed! I can’t wait until Z is old enough for video games. Then I can let my deeply buried geek out to play.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Lucky, lucky you (but it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person). We are getting a Wii this Christmas too (but I’ve had it stashed since February).

MrsSpock April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

That sounds fantastic! I’ve been thinking of getting one. How is it?

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Very cool! We are getting a Wii for Christmas too… no Wii Fit yet (and no light sabers either) I can’t wait!!

Enjoy.

Caitlin April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

What a nice gift! We got a Wii a couple of years ago for Christmas, and I love it! I’m sure Reed will as well!

Merry Christmas!

The Steadfast Warrior April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Sounds like the perfect day! What a wonderful collection of moments.

Quiet Dreams April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Love the Wii. Am more than a bit jealous of you. :)

Peeveme April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

That’s like….10 different kinds of awesome!

jill April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

I’m getting a Wii for christmas and I’m definitely going to buy Wii fit – can’t wait to try it out!

Lollipop Goldstein April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

You will love it, you will love it, you will love it :-) I promise. I’m actually just finishing my coffee and then going downstairs to run.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Wow. That’s nice. I keep thinking I would love to try the Wii fit but haven’t tried it yet. Someday.