Reason #42 why Grandma rules and Mom drools

December 22, 2009

in Tessa

Grandma Marshmallow (as she calls herself) and Tessa went Christmas shopping while I met a Twitter friend. Tessa got to use a contraption she’s always wanted to use but has never been able to extract permission to use. You know, from Iron Mom.

When I came back to pick them up, this is what I saw.

How did I finally pry Tessa’s fingers off the control panel?

By pulling the Santa card, of course.

Which will likely never work again.

B April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Gotta use that one while you can hey?

Ha ha, Poor Tess.

PFM April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

btw. can’t use the santa card yet. looking forward to next year.

PFM April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Yea, grandmas break all the rules! I have to discipline my mother when she doesn’t comply with basic behavior changing rules…

B April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Gotta use that one while you can hey?

Ha ha, Poor Tess.

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Too cute!

caitsmom April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Ha! Super awesome. My dad drives those and I sometimes think, “hey, am I really too big to ride along?” Yes, I am but oh that does look like fun!!!!

areyoukiddingme April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

That looks like fun. Will Grandma Marshmallow take me for a ride too?

I think I broke the Santa card…or my daughter. She’s been kinda anti-listening lately, so I told her that Santa wouldn’t bring her presents if she didn’t listen. Based on normal motivational behavior, I would have thought that might make her more willing to listen. Yesterday, we bought some gifts for the little girl next door’s birthday, and my daughter was dying to open the gifts and play with them herself. I told her (among other things) that she would be getting some presents when Santa comes, so she didn’t need these. She assured me that Santa was not coming and that she wouldn’t be getting any presents. I guess that’s why I saw no improvement on the listening…she has already resigned herself to Santa not coming.

My Reality April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

The Santa card is probably a moot point, anyway. She has Grandma Marshmallow to spoil her!

Leah and Maya April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

HI Kami sent me your way, I recognize your picture for commenting on her blog. So we are wnating to start on the journey of adoption again. We started out domestic but switched and went to international. A long story I ended up living out of the country but all is well nw and we have all been home togehter for 2 years in March. I am researching as much as possible but still find it so hard to trust any of the agencies or consultants. Do you have an insight in who you can trust? We are looking for a semi open adoption, my husband is not comfortable with open. Thankyou so much for any info. gretsky4 at yahoo.com http://www.missmayita.blogspot.com

Kami April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Fun!

Leah is a friend of mine looking into adoption. I think she will be contacting you for info.

Furrow April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

Hoooot! I love it.

Sometimes I turn the other way when my mother is doing something I’d never allow my daughter to do. If I make myself known, I’d have to intervene, and that’s just tiring.

battynurse April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

I have to admit, they are kind of fun. Especially when you feel like you can’t walk another step but I’m sure Tessa had a blast.

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 5:55 am

It looks like Tessa is pretty comfortable driving…only a couple of more years!

OK. More than a couple…thank goodness!