I hereby open the Limerick Chick Contest for 2010!
Valentine’s Day has passed, and that means it’s time for all things green and Irish. And what could be more Irish than wordplay that is eponymous with a county in Ireland?
Erica of ParenthoodForMe won in 2009
I once was scared of the gyno
Now I’ll drop my pants for a rhino
When bad times are worse
There’s blogs like the mrsch
Or instead I can just be a whino
Niobe of Dead Baby Jokes won in 2008.
Said, “Look, my name sounds like Nairobi
It isn’t ni-OBE
Doesn’t rhyme with microbe
And if you don’t like it, then blow me.”
Kristen of Sticky but Sweet won in 2007.
Who set out to go and make babies
They became Stirrup Queens
Or so it would seem
Until they all wound up with scabies!
Who will be the winning limericist for 2010?
What you need to know:
- Use the limerick form, as in Hickory Dickory Dock.
- Mention at least one other blog or blogger, with a link to his/her blog.
- Up to two entries per person. Please do not submit more than two.
- Enter by 8 pm MDT on March 1. Entries will be divided into three flights. Each flight will have 3 days of voting to arrive at the top entry for each flight. Voting for these 3 finalists will begin March 12, and the grand prize winner will be announced on St Patrick’s Day.
- You don’t need to be a blogger to enter. If you have a blog, please use MckLinky (below) to link to the limerick on your blog. If you do NOT have a blog, leave your limerick as a comment.
- You need not be part of the ALI community (Adoption/Loss/Infertility) to enter. ALL readers of this blog are welcome to enter, and the subject matter is wide open.
- Post the Vote Button on your sidebar as well as in your limerick post to encourage others to enter/vote.
There is a prize. The winner will get either a $20 contribution to the nonprofit organization of her/his choice or a $20 gift card at Amazon.com.
Go n’eiri an t-adh leat (luck o’ the Irish to you).
See the cool stuff my classmates are showing and telling over at Mel’s Show & Tell.