Show & Tell: Ones

March 4, 2010

in Show & Tell

Melissa says, “Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers…This is Show and Tell 2.0.”

Here’s my entry this week.

I don’t know why I pay attention to such phenomenon (and block traffic to document it), but I do. And believe it or not, Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run was on the radio as the odometer clicked over.

As an aside, come on over to Adoption Angles on MomTV in 2 hours (7 pm tonight, MST). Tessa’s first mom, Crystal, will be on with me, telling her side of the story. You can ask us questions from the chatroom.

And as aNOTHer aside, have you voted for the first flight of the Limerick Chick contest? The entries are all very clever and you can check them out here. The next batch will be up for a vote starting Friday.

See the cool stuff my classmates are showing and telling over at Mel’s Show & Tell.

Rachel April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Awesome odometer, awesome song.

My name is Andy. April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Very cool!!! and how awesome to be organized enough to a) notice and b) have your camera at the ready!

I’m sure the traffic jam people wouldn’t have minded if they knew what was going on!

Tas April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

I ALWAYS have several cameras with me, but not long ago my car passed a similar milestone while I was parked in front of a friend’s house and somehow I didn’t have one single camera!! Glad you were able to photograph yours. :-)

Kristin April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

You aren’t the only one who pays attention to things like that. I do it too.

Michelle April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

I get excited when I see those things. I guess it does not take much for me. :)

..Soo.See.. April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Neat Odometer! For the next phenomenon, take a pic of the traffic jam too. ;) Just caught y’all on MomTV and you two were awesome! Learned a bunch and thanks for sharing. :)

areyoukiddingme April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

I always note these things right before they happen, but forget to pay attention so I can actually see it. For instance, today, I looked at my odometer and saw that I was going to hit 11000. Did I see that happen? Nope, I next checked at 11003.

That’s a cool number, though!

Sunny April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Oooooh, cool!! I never notice those things on my car. Which is probably part of the reason I am always overdue for an oil change.

Jamie April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

What a cool moment! I also have a pic of my first car’s odometer rolling over to 000000. How could I not?

Martha April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

That is cool, Lori. I like that kind of stuff too.
The limericks are Amazing!

Wishing 4 One April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

You know I have never thought to pay attention to things like that. That is so cool. I am going to see if I can catch the show now, i wonder if its archived? You know I enjoy learning from you girl. xoxo

Sheri April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Cool odometer! I notice things like that too! Heredity??

I didn’t catch the live version of Adoption Angles, but will see it on replay. I’m sure it’s GREAT!

Quiet Dreams April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

awesomesauce

Suzy April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

That’s great! I document fun things like that too! : )

loribeth April 7, 2010 at 6:46 am

Crawling out from under the mountain of accumulated posts in my Google Reader & catching up on commenting! I have always taken note of the odometer, although I’ve never thought to take a picture of it. ; ) My dad used to point out to us when it was about to roll over to some significant number & we would watch intently & then cheer when it did. Dh thinks I’m a little nuts because I still cheer today. ; )