I’m getting a Brazilian, baby!

July 17, 2010

in Uncategorized

And I’m going to MODEL it, too.

Because of said modeling, I will be getting a discount on the services.

And I owe it all to Crystal, who called me this week to make arrangements for next week. Would you like the inside scoop on getting a Brazilian?

You DO know I’m talking about a Brazilian Blowout, right? I’m heading to Eminently Hair Salon for this new process that will give me “smooth, shiny and frizz-free” hair.

I’ll be taking notes and reporting. What would you like to know?

Suzy July 17, 2010 at 1:11 pm

That sounds fabulous! Can’t wait to see before and after pictures!

Ziggy July 17, 2010 at 1:28 pm

oh! my hair is acting up in this crazy NY weather; it wont curl right, n i wont even bother flat ironing it. can you ask if i get a BB, how much work will it require each day; will i still need to flat iron it, or can i get up n go? thx!!

Deathstar July 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I have to admit that when you said you were getting a Brazilian – I was like – oh, I don’t need to see your cheecha, girl, but now that I know it the hair on your HEAD – good luck!

It is what it is July 17, 2010 at 3:10 pm

BB has been all the rage on the West Coast for a couple of years. Here, you can get it done for $200. It can ‘last’ up to 4-5 months and should relax the hair enough to air dry and perhaps run a blow dryer/brush through or a quick flat iron (some report they don’t have to do anything).

Be forewarned that there is concern going around about Keratin hair processes, the BB in particular and others claiming to be formaldehyde free, that many of the products are not formaldehyde free. Most stylist don’t even know it as the manufacturers have buried the ingredients and/or they contain a derivative that is harmful when heated, . Stylists/clients at reputable salons are coming forward about the health issues they are suffering from as a result. I looked for your email addy to send a recent string from one of my mom’s groups.

As this has been something I’ve been considering doing for months as I wait for my hair to get longer, it has given me pause. Make sure you treatment is formaldehyde free.

Lavender Luz July 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Thanks for all this info. I’ll bring it up at the “class” I’m serving as a model in and let you know how it goes.

a July 17, 2010 at 3:16 pm

You had me scared there for a minute!

I’d like to know what it looks like the next time you wash it! Or, does it really last 2-3 months?

Kristin July 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I was so relieved to hear it’s a hair on your head procedure not a hair down there procedure…LOL.

Kir July 19, 2010 at 6:33 am

me too, I thought Brazilian …and you’re going to SHOW IT TO US??? Who are you, Kathy Griffin???? LOL

I can’t wait to see it….sounds amazing.

Lori Lavender Luz July 19, 2010 at 9:13 am

LOL, Kir!

I’m so NOT Kathy Griffin. You’ll see. (Because you won’t see.)

Geochick July 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm

*giggle* How funny, I think I got my hair cut at that salon once a really really long time ago. I can’t wait to see your results!