Perfect Moment Monday: Gondola and Grimace

by Lori Lavender Luz on July 18, 2010

in Denver,Perfect Moment

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join. Details on how to participate are at the bottom of this post, complete with bloggy bling.

Please visit the links of the participants at the bottom.

Here’s a perfect moment from my week. I hope you’ll share yours, too.

====================================

This week I had not just a perfect moment but an entire perfect day.

The morning started in downtown Denver, and included a mocha frappe, The Hamburgler, a gondola, learning that Denver has a lock-system on Cherry Creek, and the always-friendly Mile High Mamas. Here are some snapshots from that part of the day.

Powered by Whrrl

After I got home, I joined a conference call with Selena Gomez and Joey King, sisters in the about-to-be-released film Ramona and Beezus. Tessa and I attended a pre-screening of the movie earlier in the week, and it is fanTAStic. A full write-up will come soon.

Both girls were kind and real and vibrant as they answered our interview question. I have new status in Tessa’s eyes, having chatted with the The Wizards of Waverly Place star.

It’s really something close to perfection, I’ve found, to be thought cool by a tweenager.

====================================

To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment in a blog post, on Twitter, on Facebook, or simply leave a comment below.
  2. Grab the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  3. Use LinkyTools below to enter your blog’s name and the URL of your Perfect Moment
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others (from the links below), and let the writers know you were there.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.

What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Be sure to visit these moments and share the love, and please come back next week (click to subscribe).

Denise July 18, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Wow! I had no idea CC had a lock system and gondolas. Is it new? I guess I haven’t gotten out much in the last 2 years.

Lavender Luz July 18, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I was shocked — it’s been there almost 15 years!

It’s very cool. My parents went last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kristin July 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm

What a fabulous day! How cool is it that there are locks and gondolas…wow!

Kir July 19, 2010 at 6:19 am

I couldn’t see the pics, but the day did sound PERFECT.

plus looking cool in front of your daughter….PERFECT on so many levels. YEAH!!!

Melissa @ Full Circle July 19, 2010 at 6:44 am

Oooooooo.. you ARE a rock star!! I saw y’all tweeting about the fun w/ McD’s .. it sounded LOVELY!! The pics are great, too!

I just saw the trailer for Ramona and Beezus this weekend.. I grew up reading Beverly Cleary books and was THRILLED! If we don’t get kiddos soon, I might need to borrow T and go to the movies.. it would look weird if I was kid-less, wouldn’t it??

You ARE a rock star!!

Lori Lavender Luz July 19, 2010 at 9:14 am

Oh, T would LOVE to hang out with you! That’s a terrific idea.

chicklet July 19, 2010 at 8:25 am

Your little chicka thinking you’re cool? Take it for every amazing moment it is, cuz as a former terror, I have to warn you she won’t think you’re cool that often;-)

Suzy July 19, 2010 at 9:53 am

Those are two pretty perfect moments! And you’re one cool mama for sure!

Sheri July 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I think you are cool and I was a tweenager and a teenager once upon a time.

Does that count?

Thanks for sharing your Perfect Moment…it sounds perfect to me!

RobinJP July 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Love this fun day you had.
Now I want you to package up those feelings.
Tie a bow around how you are the Coolest Mom. And bring it out during the years when you in the presence of an eye-rolling, hair-flipping, door-slamming teenager.

Great photos.

Rachel July 19, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Knowing what my sister goes through with her tween girl, I know how important it is to seem cool…if only for a few moments.

Kami July 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I haven’t heard of any of those shows / actors. I am so out of touch. I understand being your child’s star. Sounds like a lovely day.

Lori Lavender Luz July 19, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Joey King, 8 years old, is a relative newcomer. I think you’ll be hearing a lot from her in the coming years.

Selena Gomez, 17, is a Disney actress (I think).

Your time is coming!

Rach July 21, 2010 at 9:00 am

Sounds like you had a great day – I love when those kinds of days just unfold.

ICLW
#41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

Catrisha T July 21, 2010 at 9:06 am

Sounds like an amazing day and as close to perfection that one can get. TFS!

ICLW #16

April July 21, 2010 at 9:34 am

It sounds like you had a wonderful day! And looking cool in a tween’s eyes is quite the accomplishment.