I’m a writer and words are the tools of my craft.
But they fail when trying to describe something like BlogHer10. So I resort to using them in bullets, also not quite adequate. I offer here a mosaic of the people that made the conference so heady for me. In no particular order:
- The blogger who brought me the most perfect gift from the farthest away: Eden (Addendum: Her sister is equally awesome.)
- The blogger I will not meet again without a box of tissue: AureliaCotta (Reference.)
- The blogger who let Tessa get a hold of her camera: Calliope
- The blogger I was most likely to ditch the conference for in lieu of a Starbucks booth: Mel
- The blogger with the most interesting hair, a connector extraordinaire: Kristin
- The blogger I have the most experience rooming with: Sheri (Reference: she’s my sister.)
- The blogger I traveled across the country to sit with even though we live 5 mile apart: JoAnn
- The blogger who forgave me for mixing up her faux name with her daughter’s celestial name: Dora
- The blogger whom I wished I’d visited a bridge with (Brooklyn? Manhattan?): Baby Smiling (Reference.)
- The blogger with a smile that lights up the dark end of a hotel bar, and who just makes me feel good: Kir
- The blogger who was influential in helping me to understand the complexity that is adoption: Claudia
- The bloggers who welcomed me into their Bird of a Feather lunch conversation: Grown in My Heart (Michelle, Judy, Tonggu Mommma, Kristin, Marcie, Christine, Carrissa)
- Did I overlook you? Let me know! My brain is still mushy with the travel and the catch-up.
Photos I’ve stolen from here and there:
BlogHer10 was fine, but THESE were the moments I came for.