Vozza de Lozza* (password needed)

September 2, 2010

in Vlog

This post is all Eden‘s fault.

A few months back,  my Aussie friend put up for a short time a marvelous post of her singing, in her living room, a heartfelt rendition of Simon & Garfunkel’s The Boxer (Homeward Bound). It was delightful to watch and listen to her unabashedly sing to her soul’s content.

I vowed to do so one day. One day in the waaaaaaaay future.

When I met Eden at BlogHer10, she gave me a very thoughtful and perfect gift — a bottle of flower essences concocted by her sister, Linda.  She said that the tincture was aimed at helping me find my voice. Not just for singing, she asserted. This is bigger than just singing, she said, looking me in the eye solemnly.

I have been placing the drops under my tongue twice daily, and as a result I AM finding my voice.

The rest of this post is password protected. Email me if you’d like the secret code. I’m likely to give it to you — I just want to know who is walking through my front door on this particular post.

(If you see dots in the password field, remove them and then put in the code you get from me.)

Image: ShiningSunGardenWorks.com

a September 2, 2010 at 7:42 am

You sound wonderful! I hope you had fun too…

Mel September 2, 2010 at 8:08 am

Bawled watching the video. Your voice (and flute playing) is beautiful. But it was more the choice of song.

Tami September 2, 2010 at 1:42 pm

That’s amazing and beautiful, all wrapped up in heavenly paper with a bow made of goose bumps. I’m so proud to be your sister. Both for her your musical talents and for your courage. Love it!

annacyclopedia September 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Oh, Lori! That is so beautiful! Like Mel, I’m weeping here. But I think it’s just how brave you are to do this – and how I can see your courage as plainly as I can hear your beautiful voice. I absolutely love this! You really inspire me always, but just a little bit extra today.

Miss Tori September 2, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I can’t imagine your needing help to find your voice, as you have always seemed to me to be very strong in your word, convictions, and thoughts. However, I know we each have the areas we think we need to improve upon, and I applaud your desire to do so.

I can see that it took courage to post the video. It was a wonderful song and even better, heartfelt delivery. I’m impressed with the flute playing. I’m not sure I could still play the clarinet all these years later.

Debbie September 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Can you see the standing ovation? Here I am, applauding madly and cheering “Bravissima!!!!”

Vee September 2, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Oh how wonderful! I can tell by the look on your face at the very end how great that made you feet. I love singing it always make me feel good, although I am not good at it but that is everyone elses problem and not mine ;-)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat September 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm

So self-possessed, even more than usual. And what a surprise at the end!

May September 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Brava! Brava!!

I. Cannot. Sing. I admire your courage!

Kristin September 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm

What a beautiful treat at the end of a good but long day. Brava my dear friend.

Lavender Luz September 2, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I am reading these comments and taking them in sweetly :-). Thank you, all.

Cheryl September 2, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Oh great! Thanks for the Stuck Song Syndrome!

Huzza! Huzza! Lozza!

edenland September 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Lori Lori Lori.

I am beyond thrilled for you. That was just magnificent. You had strength and determination in your eyes the whole time … and then an instrument at the end! And then, that look in your eyes at the VERY end. Just absolutely wonderful. Really, really inspiring, and Loriafied.

Bono always says he’d like to teach the world to sing. There’s something really free-ing about it, I think.

Love you like a sister.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

PS By the way, I am beyond honoured that you did this.

luna September 3, 2010 at 12:59 am

seriously gorgeous. all of it — your voice, your playing, your confidence, your performance, the song, all of it. glorious.

go you! and go eden and her sister for the liquid courage and for faith in you.

you should feel very proud!

JJ September 3, 2010 at 10:17 am

I love the song you chose so much. You rock in more ways than one, my dear lady! Great job!

Ziggy September 3, 2010 at 10:31 am

Referring to what you said in your email, no I wasnt! I smiled the whole way thru :) You were awesome, and what courage! It takes some b@lls to post something like this for the world to see, but you’re not bad (meaning you are not bad, not “ehyourenotbad”, get what I mean lol) so you didnt have to worry! Raising the bar, Lori, as always :)

Ziggy September 3, 2010 at 10:32 am

Oh, and I also love the choice of song, and you even did some of those up n down things w your voice, well done! Im sure they have a proper name but I dont know what they are called, lol.

Dora September 3, 2010 at 11:41 am

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. And so courageous. I love how you push yourself out of your comfort zone. A lesson by example to your kids.

flying monkeys September 3, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Secret code please…

flying monkeys September 3, 2010 at 4:57 pm

That was fantastic! It made me smile and I’m pretty sure that’s the first time I ever listened to the words of that song too. Great song! It was marvelous!

Lynn September 5, 2010 at 1:56 pm

OMG!!! That was awesome!! You have an absolutely GORGEOUS voice, Lori! Thank you so much for sharing!

Sheri September 6, 2010 at 10:12 am

I am still in awe! I have tears in my eyes! And am so very proud!

Your voice is lovely. The flute is magical.

Very inspiring. You rock!

Can I have some of that stuff Eden gave you? :)

Kami September 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm

You are amazing Lori. I am so proud of you. You can sing, play the flute and do it when you are uncomfortable about it.