Perfect Moment Monday: Strong position

by Lori Lavender Luz on May 1, 2011

in Perfect Moment

You know how you wait until the 2nd trimester to announce your pregnancy? How when you’re hoping to adopt you don’t have a baby shower too early — just in case?

Well, along those lines I’m going to be a bit cryptic with this post.

And no, I’m not adding to my family.

But I did get some fantastic news this week from Brenda Strong of Desperate Housewives: she is going to support a project that is close to my heart. There are still many milestones between here and fruition, but at some point I hope to share some good news in this space.

Let’s just say, though, that Brenda’s message of living mindfully, of aligning and engaging one’s body, mind and spirit, and of opening one’s heart to conceive, create and to release fear dovetails with my own.

A few things to know about Brenda Strong: her character on Seinfeld, Sue Ellen Mischke, ticks off Elaine by refusing to wear a bra. Brenda’s is usually the first voice heard in each episode of Desperate Housewives, as her character, the dead Mary Alice, serves as narrator. Brenda will play the new wife of Bobby Ewing on TNT’s upcoming pilot for Dallas.

She wears mala beads. She is tall enough to make me look short.

Brenda is the owner/founder of Strong Yoga 4 Women and serves as spokeswoman for The American Fertility Association. And she is a believer in me. How perfect is that??

====================================

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.

To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Follow this blog.
  2. Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment.
  3. Use LinkyTools below to enter your name (or your site/blog name) and the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others and let the writers know you were there with some comment currency.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Visit these moments of others and share your comment love.

Ratna May 1, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Wow! That is so cool that you know her- tell Sue Ellen hello- I love her character on both Seinfeld (of which I am a die hard fan) and Desperate Housewives. Very cool! My entry is coming soon!

Tami DePalma May 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

So perfect! This rocks, and rocks strong. Congratulations, Lori. You have worked for this one. Yay, you!

Yo-yo Mama May 1, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I am humbled to call you a friend. Amazing news, even partly cryptic!

Mel May 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm

She is officially my favourite celebrity and I will watch Dallas just to support her since she is supporting you. I’ve always thought she rocked (as do you).

Kristin May 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I am so excited that someone else is seeing and acknowledging just how awesome you are. I don’t know what the project is but I already know it will be incredible.

RobinJP May 1, 2011 at 8:46 pm

You are such a tease. You’ll have to keep us posted. … I just love the list of things you two have in common.

Congrats.

Barb May 1, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear about it! I met her at the Embracing Hope Convention here when she was a guest speaker, and she was gracious, kind and beautiful. Her speech was inspiring. I’m glad you have her on your side. :)

a May 1, 2011 at 9:05 pm

That sounds pretty amazing! Can’t wait to hear the rest… (even though I stopped watching Desperate Housewives years ago, Mary Alice was always my favorite character…)

JoAnne Bennett May 1, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Oh, my friend, I am so happy for you. I always believed in you and that it was a meant-to-be and it would happen. Way cool; thanks for sharing!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am

Whatever it is, if you’re excited, then I’m excited for you!

Jjiraffe May 2, 2011 at 12:51 am

I can’t wait to hear more about your collaboration! I loved her on Seinfeld as the heiress to the Oh Henry fortune.

St. Elsewhere May 2, 2011 at 4:08 am

Well, off to a cheesy start…but I LOVE Desperate Housewives and I am so floored that you know atleast one of them IRL…That is like, so wow!

And both of you will do good.

Read your previous post too and just wanted to nod in ‘yes’ to them.

I did not use the calculator but I think I will see a 90 in this lifetime.

Pam May 2, 2011 at 5:29 am

CONGRATS!!! How fun to be able to work together on something. And I love that she “makes you look short”. HAHAHAHA

Sheri May 2, 2011 at 8:22 am

Wow! This is wonderful! I’m so happy that she found you and you found her. A perfect match!

This truly is a Perfect Moment!

Amber's Crazy Bloggin' Canuck May 2, 2011 at 9:18 am

You can’t keep us waiting like this. I WANT THE NEWS! :)

Tracy May 2, 2011 at 9:41 am

Lori,
What ever is simmering in the goodness of your life, it couldn’t happen to a more perfect soul. This should get goooooooood.
Tracy

Connie Weiss May 2, 2011 at 9:46 am

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Suzy May 2, 2011 at 10:13 am

Wow, this is awesome! It’s always amazing to find someone whose beliefs dovetail with your own.

I can’t wait to hear about your news. It will be fabulous I’m sure. Just like you!

Kir May 2, 2011 at 10:28 am

can’t wait to see what you have to announce. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! My beautiful friend.
xo

Jenny May 2, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m excited to hear the great news!! What a great day for you :)

Melissa @ Full Circle May 2, 2011 at 11:49 am

HEY… NO FAIR! HINTS, PLEASE!!! I’m sure whatever it is, it’s downright amazing and I cannot wait to hear!

Melissa @imaginationsoup May 2, 2011 at 12:24 pm

so exciting – rock on sista!

I haven’t written a post about a perfect moment yet — in fact, today was about sucking as a mom. :) Which I embrace. Perfect sucking. Does that work? Ha.

Love and hugs!

Melissa

Valerie Power May 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Sounds amazing! Sounds like your manifesting something VERY exciting! Can’t wait to hear more!

HereWeGoAJen May 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Awesome! I eagerly await your good news.

Kathy May 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Congratulations! :) This sounds like something very exciting. I look forward to hearing more about your project and partnership with Brenda. Though I was vaguely familiar with who she is, thank you for sharing more about her and her work related to yoga and fertility. Looks like she is involved in some very interesting and worthwhile endeavors. I can certainly appreciate that she is a believer in you, as I don’t know how anyone could not be. Sounds perfect to me!

Chris Bird May 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Awesome news, Lori! Just outstanding! Can’t wait to hear what’s coming up next for you!

Laughing Yoga Mama May 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm

So cool, Lori! Love the mala beads, too. :)

Caro May 3, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Tease!

luna May 3, 2011 at 11:50 pm

pretty perfect. sounds wonderful!

Calliope May 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I had no idea that she was in the awesome tall women club!!
(& of course that is what I comment on first – ha ha!)

I celebrate everything and everyone that celebrates YOU – can’t wait to hear more.
xo

loribeth May 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

They’re making a new Dallas series?? I will be watching (as I did faithfully throughout the 80s, lol). I dont’ watch Desperate Housewives, but I have heard she is an advocate for infertility. Glad you have had the opportunity to get to know her!