Perfect Moment Monday: Garden guerrillas

May 22, 2011

in Perfect Moment

Our friend Michelle hit a rough patch recently. So the others in our Vino Support Group stalked her schedule and trespassed in her front yard when we knew she would be away.

Then, sneakily, stealthily, we transformed her front garden from meh to marvelous.

Rose and Jeannie, my cohorts in Extreme Makeover: Garden Ambush Edition

It felt so wonderful to breathe in the spring air that was at just the perfect temperature, and to work together with two friends to do something special for a third. Working the the clean soil, tending to sunny marigolds, chit-chatting with longtime gal pals, anticipating Michelle’s delight when she returned to her home.

Being of service, even in small ways, gives me a perfect moment buzz.

====================================

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.

To participate in Perfect Moment Monday:

1. Follow this blog.
  2. Between Sunday night and Tuesday night, write up your own Perfect Moment.
  3. Use LinkyTools below to enter your name (or your site/blog name) and the URL of your Perfect Moment.
  4. Visit the Perfect Moments of others and let the writers know you were there with some comment currency.

Once you make a Perfect Moment post , you may place this button on your blog.What Perfect Moment have you recently been aware of? Visit these moments of others and share your comment love.

Kathy May 22, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Beautiful Lori. What a wonderful thing for you and some of your friends to do for another of your kindred spirits. I love the caption on your photo: “Extreme Makeover: Garden Ambush Edition.” Too funny! :-)

a May 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

What a great idea! I would love it if someone came and planted flowers for me! (However, no one would be foolish enough to do that because my husband has put about 12 different flower beds on our less than 0.5 acre lot.) I hope your friend has pulled out of her rough patch – or at least the sunny flowers have made it more bearable.

Calliope May 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

wow!! I LOVE that.

RobinJP May 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm

What wonderful friends.
Thanks for sharing this truly perfect moment. Nice job. Great photo.

Tami May 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I love when the giving feels as good as the receiving. I can’t wait to hear what Michelle thinks when she sees the garden. You girls are great and I’m so glad you are a part of MY VSG. Wish I could have joined you. (Hope you brought your gloves.)

Michele Scott May 23, 2011 at 7:24 am

What a beautiful way to let her know you care. Thanks for sharing! Visiting from ICLW (MommyForward.com)

Kristin May 23, 2011 at 7:54 am

What an incredibly cool thing to do. You are an awesome friend Lori. BTW, my garden looks sad too.

Melissa @ Full Circle May 23, 2011 at 8:44 am

That is so awesome! Let me know when you’re planning a Northern edition.. ;)

Kir May 23, 2011 at 8:51 am

you are seriously PHENOMENAL..what a wonderful thing to do…..you truly are a PERFECT MOMENT every day. :)

Sheri May 23, 2011 at 9:00 am

I felt good just reading about how thoughtful and helpful you and your friends were.

Your act of kindness is PERFECT — not only to do the planting, but just imaging how Michelle felt when she returned home. Very touching…and PERFECT.

Thanks for sharing this Perfect Moment!

Connie Weiss May 23, 2011 at 10:50 am

What an amazing and thoughtful thing to do! I love it!

I will be participating next week!

Suzy May 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

I love this idea! What a perfect surprise for your friend. And what a perfect feeling I’m sure it gave you.

Love it! Now she will think of you and your friends every time she sees those lovely blooms!

Vee May 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm

What gorgeous friends, that is beautiful.

Tracy May 23, 2011 at 4:33 pm

late late late I am! I feel very much the white rabbit, but that must be because there is little better than a hole, dug deep into the earth in which good things are laid, to grow.. my, Lori, what a great thing it is that you are.

HereWeGoAJen May 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm

That is one of the nicest things ever. I would love that if someone did that to my yard.

Chris May 23, 2011 at 9:50 pm

So sweet! We should all have a Vino support group like that! I’m sure she was thrilled when she found the beautiful garden you toiled over. What a great gift.

Jenny - Sugar Loco May 25, 2011 at 6:39 am

That is so sweet! And she will think of you every time she goes into the yard. LOVE IT!

Barb May 25, 2011 at 8:04 am

That is, quite possibly, the most beautiful act of friendship I have ever seen friends do as a way to support. I would have died of happiness if I was your friend. Sending strength to her for whatever she is going through

Barb May 25, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Oh my gosh that’s wonderful! Could you be my friend?? PLLEEAASE? ;)

Quiet Dreams June 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm

That sounds like such a great thing to do!

rajean August 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm

What a remarkable group of friends. I adore the idea of sneaking in to spread some dirt, plant some pretty flowers to remind her how much she is loved. The gift that keeps on giving. It looks wonderful. Since this was written in May, I’d love to see an updated photo of her friendship garden! Kudos.